8

Suddenly I felt a whack of pain. Not like the others. This came from Dean. It was a sock in the jaw. I stepped out of Castiel grasp and drew my salt soaked iron blades. Castiel saw my eyes grow fierce and looked to the door. I felt the pain, again and again as it hit me. Who was in there with Dean beating him up?

“Castiel, who else is in there besides the demon?” I asked darkly.

“No one.” He said in his deep voice.

“Well than, I think that demon is fighting back.” I said stepping towards the door.

“No. I drew that trap myself. No way is he getting out of there.” Castiel said gravely.

“Well obviously he has. Something is beating the living crap out of your precious Dean.” I said angrily. Castiel hesitated. I groaned in anger and annoyance and flew at the door, using my body as a battering ram. It flew open and I soared up to the ceiling, throwing my knives at the man holding Dean against an iron star. He roared in pain as the salt and iron hit him, but wrenched them out easily. Castiel ran up and stabbed his back. A look of fury and determination on his face. The demon span around, dropping Dean. I swooped down and carried him to the far wall, away from the fight.

“Oh! Almost. Looks like God is on my side today.” The demon said happily as the knife flickered feebly in his chest. Castiel reached out a hand, his face livid and a sick squelching sound came from the demon’s body. The knife twisted and turned, deeper, ever deeper into the demon’s body. Castiel walked towards him, his face scarier than I ever could have imagined. The demon pulled the knife from his chest with some difficulty, even though I could feel the psychic powers rolling off Castiel. He cast it aside casually and charged Castiel. Leaving the knife on the floor.

They exchanged punches and kicks as I silently floated over to the knife. Suddenly the demon rammed Castiel into a hook on the wall, dangling him like a coat. I felt rage build up inside me. The demon was talking in this annoying nasally voice that set my teeth on edge.

“I really wish I knew how to kill you. But all I can do is, send you back to heaven.” He said tauntingly. He started chanting some kind of exorcism chant that made the hairs on the back of my neck prick up. Castiel went limp and his whole face fell. Light began to come from his eyes and mouth, making him looked like a star child. He tried to hold it in, but he couldn’t fight the ancient magic. The demon was suddenly shoved against the wall and Cas slid down. I heard the layers of fabric ripping along with his flesh along the hook. I floated over to him. And place one hand on his cheek and the other on his back, laying him down. He was panting and looked exhausted. His eyes fluttered slightly.

“Oh, Cas. Sweet stupid Cas.” I whispered as tears rolled down my cheeks. His eyes fluttered again as Sam questioned the Demon. Castiel’s eyes flew open, the blue in them bright and wary. I helped him up to his knees. He looked at Sam questioningly. Then things got scary. Sam forced the demons eyes to roll into its head. The demon moaned in pain saying he didn’t know. It was like his whole throat was filling with water. Sam twisted his hand and it got worse. He started raving, and I couldn’t understand. But Cas did. He looked slowly over to Sam, traces of horror on his face.

“We’re not doing it!” The demon garbled out. Sam didn’t believe him. Something was off about him. He looked crazed and cruel. Not my Sam. Not the Sammy I had met 7 months ago. “Lilith! Is not behind this.” The demon said darkly and Castiel looked away in horror. I could sense his fear and doubt. “NOT! She wouldn’t kill. Seven angels.” He said haltingly. “Oh she’d kill a hundred!” He sneered evilly, his mask of blood and sweat mingling with his sneer to make him look unrestrainedly evil. Sam lowered his hand and the demon panted heavily.

“Oh go ahead. Send me back. If you can.” The demon leered. Sam leered right back.

“I’m stronger than that now.” There was silence for a moment. I was looking at Castiel’s back, to see it he was badly hurt when Sam changed everything. “Now I can kill.” Cas and I both turned to look at Sam, Cas confused and disbelieving, me looking for the change. Sam didn’t just kill people. Even demons. No he was the exorcist not the killer. What had changed? Sam closed his eyes, and the demon sparked and burnt light shining through his bones, until the empty body slid to the ground. Its glassy eyes were wide and starring. Sam looked at Castiel for approval, but Cas’s mouth hung open slightly in shock.