10

It was three days later and I was in New Orleans. Most ghost filled place I know. I was at a cute little French café listening to a couple behind me go on about wedding plans. I rolled my eyes. Any time I heard the word love for the past few days I would just sort of throw up in my mouth and think of hunting. It actually helped. I was putting up my defenses so I didn’t face my real emotions. I was like a pot of water, and if even a little heat was added, I would boil over and spew crap all over the place. After another 20 minutes of listening to the couple behind me talk about how pretty the cake will be with the flowers I cracked. I spun around and faced them. Oh sweetie. This was going to be fun.

“Look, sweetie, I love romance as much as the next single unloved girl, but if you don’t fucking shut up I will personally see to it that you marriage is an even bigger disaster than it already will be. You see my dear, your fiancé is gay. Gayer than a double rainbow over a lake full of unicorns and mermaids. If you marry him, you will be miserable. Have un now.” I said and stood up. My back pack sat comfortably over mom’s jacket as I walked down the cobblestone streets. I heard a rush of wings and the feather in my hair grew warm. I turned around and there was Cas.

He looked at me. Just looked. From my feet all the way up to the feather in my hair. He looked as if he were trying to memorize me. Every single bit of me. He stepped closer and I didn’t move. He suddenly was very close. As close as he had been in the dream. I swallowed a bit as he looked at my face, his eyes devouring my features. I blushed a bit and looked down. He placed his fore finger under my chin and turned up my face so he could look at me.  Looked up at him. He glanced at my lips and I froze up. What the actual fuck? He moved his thumb over the corner of my mouth. I blushed as I realized I had chocolate on my lips. I licked them quickly and stepped back a bit. I smiled tightly and he looked suddenly lost.

“What are you doing here Castiel.” I asked calmly. He stood a little straighter and looked at my eye s, his mask back. I sighed inwardly.

“I want you to stay with the Winchesters.” He said suddenly. I looked at him and he looked back. I narrowed my eyes.

“Why Castiel? You never just ask me to do something. Why?” I say aggressively. He looks at me and doesn’t answer. “Well?” I say. Still nothing. I sigh in exasperation. “Castiel Angelo. If you won’t tell me why, how can I trust you?” he shifted a bit, his face changing slightly.

“I want to protect you. Something big is going to happen and I want dean to protect you. Could you please stay with them?” He was asking me now. Looking at me like a puppy. I always loved it when he made that face. I shook the thought from my head and sighed.

“Can’t you ever just show up to ask me to a movie? It’s always something big. Never just, ‘Het let’s grab some burgers!’ It’s always something.” I said picking on him. He looked at me blankly. I sighed and opened my bag, my wings unfolding as I took out the bustier. I looked at him and he looked at me. I am so tired of his bull. He needs to learn how shit goes down. Walk up to him and undo his tie. He got stiff very quickly and won’t move. I tie it around his eyes. “Don’t move.” I say sternly. He freezes in place. He needs to learn to stick up for himself.

I sigh and take off my tank top, slipping the metal piece around my chest. It seals itself and I pull the tank top and leather back on. I look at Castiel. He is so lost looking, like the kid who got pranked at the party. I walk up to him and take off the tie. His eyes widen when he sees me. He takes in a deep breath and holds it as I retie his tie and flatten his collar slowly. I can’t keep my hands off him! I step back and make a not to yell at myself later. I look at him. He looks so alone and lost. I keep thinking that. I frown slightly and I think he thinks it’s him, because he looks hurt. I smile at him dazzlingly.

“Catch you on the flip side.” I say winking at him cheerfully. He cocks his head to the side and I beat my wings. I soar into the sky and zoom across the roof tops and out and away. The feather in my hair flutters and keens like I’m listening to Castiel speak. I begin to vibrate and move faster. I think about Sam and Dean and I have no clue where I am , but I’m flying faster than ever before. I stop outside a motel and can’t seem to go any farther. I walk up to the boy’s room, and knock on the door. Sam opens up and is openly shocked to see me. I grin and sweep into the room, the wings beating lightly and flipping Sam in the face. I sit on the couch and grin at the boys.

 “I’m crashing with you until further notice my bitches. Cope.” I sad giddily. Wedding bride me walks into the room eating a ham sandwich and I pop the pills.