27

We stopped at a gas station to fill up and I landed on the roof of the bathrooms. I snuck inside and washed the blood off my tank top wiping away the blood on mom’s jacket with ease. Never doubt leather. I stuffed my wings in the back pack and walked out to where the boys were talking. Jimmy looked devastated and Dean was upset, but Sam looked weak and jumpy. I stepped up beside them making them all jump. I rolled my eyes and slid my arm into Dean’s. He squeezed his arm a bit and we listened to Sam.

“I’m going to tell you once again. You’re putting your family in danger. You’re going to have to come with us.” HE said darkly. Something was definitely up.  Jimmy looked at his family. And then back at us.

“How long?” He said pleadingly. Sam sighed, but Jimmy cut him off. “And don’t give me that cross that bridge when we get to it crap.” He added a bit coldly. I groaned and banged my head on the metal pole I was leaning on.

“Jimmy. You are the stupidest civilian ever. And I knew a man who sacrificed himself to a werewolf because he thought she would have sex with him. You are a vessel. That doesn’t just go away. You will be hunted forever, and so will your family. We can hide them easily and protect them with some connections, but you can never see your family again. Jimmy, you have to hide, and when the big bad wolf is outside knocking, the little pig doesn’t answer, no matter how hungry he is.” I said looking at his family. He slumped and stared at me in shock.

“Don’t sugar coat it Ange.” Dean grumbled.” I glared and Sam stepped in.

“Angela is right. You either run or put a bullet in your head. It’s the only way to protect them forever.” He said in that same dark voice. I looked at him carefully. Jimmy sighed and walked around the car to talk to his family. Dean went to get pie and Sam pulled me aside. “Angela. You’ve been weird since Jimmy showed up.” He said softly.

“Me? How about you? You’re system is full of demon essence Sam, what the hell?!” I whisper yelled. He made a shush-ing motion.

“Look, I know I’m fucked up. Can we talk about you please? You’ve always been fond of Cas, even when he was being all superior. You always seemed connected to him. You flew here in the idle of the night, and the first thing you did was hug his vessel because you thought it was him.” Sam said looking at me carefully.

“Careful Sam. You are dangerously close to a lethal blade here.” I said angrily. He didn’t flinch.

“Are you in love with Cas?” Sam asked me. I didn’t answer and he bent down to look at me better, grabbing my shoulder lightly. “Are you in love with Castiel?” He asked again. The blush came to my cheeks and Sam sighed. He let go and ran his hands down his face.

“Look, I don’t know what this is or would have been, but he’s gone and he sure as hell ain’t coming back. Nothing ever happened and he said it was a mistake to get close to me. If you tell anyone I’ll tell Dean that you and your demon love are having transfusions.” I said threateningly. He sighed and nodded, wrapping me up in a hug.

“Falling in love with the supernatural sucks dick.” He mumbled angrily. I nodded into his chest and we waited for the others. Jimmy looked like he was having an emotional moment. Dean walked over just as Amelia reached out to hug him. Dean handed me a bottle of Dr. Pepper and Sam got a Coke. Sam looked at Dean and we all drank. We watched as Amelia cried into Jimmy’s shoulder.

“Sure am glad I’m not that squishy.” I said to the boys. They nodded and we drank again. Dean was looking worried and upset. I put a hand on his shoulder. “Hey, once we sort this out we can fix this. They won’t be separated forever. Just ‘till I beat the shit out of Castiel and Lucifer. And maybe God. I blame him too.” I said looking up. I flipped off the stars and Sam laughed a bit. Sam walked over to hot wire a car and I stepped over to help Jimmy with his family. Amelia was holding onto him for dear life, so I woke up Claire and got her out. She rubbed her eyes and wrapped her arms around my neck, falling asleep in my arms.  Carried her over to the car and set her down, waking her up.