15

It was two weeks after Chuck and I was still recovering. Dad had gone full ‘daddy’ and was doing everything to keep me happy. I was sitting in the study reading Harry Potter and sipping a bottle of Dr. Pepper when dad got back from the store. He shoved to gallon tubs of ice cream in the fridge and placed three frozen pizzas in on top. He placed a domino’s box on the coffee table and patted my head lovingly before sitting down at the desk to work. I smiled at him.

I know I probably should have said something, but we had already talked about the whole pampering thing twice, and he wasn’t backing down. I was confined to the house, no hunting and he had taken my wings. The next five times I went hunting would be with him so he could keep an eye on me, and he had refilled my prescription. I went back to the troll in the bathroom, and by the time Ron was knocked off his horse there was a knock on the door. Dad looked up and then at me. I didn’t bother to stop reading.

“It’s the boys.” I said calmly and returned to Hermione’s screams. Dad walked to the door and opened it as I grabbed another slice of stuffed crust double pepperoni. The boy’s came in talking about this that and the other. Sam saw me and sat by my fett. I propped them up on his laugh without a second thought and Dean dropped into an armchair across the room. He reached for a slice of pizza, but dad smacked his hand. Hard. Dean cursed and pulled back as I turned the page.

“No. That s for Angela.” He said to Dean. Dean looked at me incredulously.

“What the whole thing? How much can she eat?” he said in shock.

“Oh believe me. It’s getting her to eat that’s the problem right now. Once she gets hungry I just let her go until she stops. It’s the only way to keep her alive.” He said knowingly. Dean and Sam exchanged glances and then looked at me. I didn’t look up and kept reading the same line over and over. Dad was going to tell them.

“Why? What happened Ange?” Dean asked. I snapped my book shut and glared at him. He leaned back in surprise and Dad sighed.

“You didn’t tell them?” he said. I shook my head. Sam put a hand on my knee and I flinched a bit, looking at him in a pained way. He raised his eyebrows in surprise and removed his hand.

“Angela, we just want to help. You disappeared that night and we’ve been worried sick about you. What happened Ange?” he pleaded. Sam is the only person on this Earth, Heaven and Hell included, who could make me talk about this. I closed my eyes and set my book down. I wasn’t sore anymore, but I still ached inside. I looked at Sam and then at Dean.

“Castiel asked me to meet him outside the corner store around three in the afternoon, which is why I was so anxious to leave you guys. I went to meet him, and I stood outside for what felt like forever. He never showed up. I was getting fed up and about to leave when this guy gets real close to me and starts hitting on me hard. At that exact moment I start hallucinating. Ever since Zachariah messed with our head my madness has gotten worse. Everything changes. The people the faces, everything. I need more pills than before to deal with it too.” I stopped looking at them I hadn’t even told dad this yet so I sucked it up and spoke again.

“So I’m losing it, and this guy grabs me and drags me to a big kangaroo, which I think was his car. He Takes me to this ginger bread house, which was probably not gingerbread, and um…well…He took me inside and put me on a giant marshmallow…which was a…um…bed. And um…well…you know.” I said my stomach clenching at the memory of how he had cut me and tried to force me. Sam and Dean stared at me, still confused. Dad noticed.

“Come on boys. Think for a second.” Dad said angrily. Dean shook his head.

“I honestly have no clue what she means.” He said looking at Dad. Dad glared at him and his volume went up to levels.