3

I sat up and looked around. We were back in dad’s house, and I was on the couch. Everyone was watching me. I looked around. And then at my watch. It was reading 2 o’clock. I sighed.

“How long since the angel came?” I asked Dean. Everyone seemed relieved that I knew what was happening.

“A week. It’s September 20th. How are you?” He said, his voice layered with worry. I shrugged and stood up. I could walk, so Castiel wasn’t completely cruel. I shuddered at the thought of the angel. He wasn’t what I wanted angels to be at all. I stretched and twisted around, my back cracking and I sighed. That felt so good.

“Tell me what happened. Everything.” I said. So they did. I had started singing about oranges and lemons and bells after Castiel disappeared. Dean thought it was shock, but then I started having conversations with myself. They put me in the safe room downstairs and Dad called up a psychologist he knew. The doc was a hunter and understood. He wrote me a prescription of Schizo meds, and it seemed like I kept singing ‘White Rabbit’ and the Star Trek theme. Weird because I have never seen Star Trek. So they gave me the meds and I froze.  Didn’t move I just looked at each of them. Then I fainted. It took me about 15 seconds to come to. I was crazy for about 1 day. It felt like forever.

 Nodded and help the little bottle of pills that contained my sanity. I shook it and the little white pellets rattled comfortingly. I stowed it in my bra and stood up. Mom was blind, but she knew a guy that could bive her some glass eyes. Might actually help business. I was glad she could see a hope here.

“I want you to come home darling.” She said at last. I shook my head and said, “I can’t. I made a blood oath I would kill that bastard of an angel. I’m going to, too. I’ll stay with dad and sort this shit out. I’ll call Peggy and she’ll come and live with you for a while. Until you adjust.” And that was it. My mom nodded and went home, Dean drove her. I went up to the spare bedroom, which was technically mine, and laid on the bed. Everything was so frazzled and crazy. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Dad called me down to drink, and down I went.

It took us about 4 days to figure out when I needed my meds. Usually another version of me in a skin tight body suit with angel wings would pop up and that’s when I knew. I would pop two or three, four of her hair was glowing. I would pass out for a sec and get up and go about my day. If I was late, or saw something other than angel me, I would see the dark and light on people. I guess that’s just the madness, but who knows. So on September 25th I woke up. Dad was in the study glaring at his phone. The boys had left yesterday for a hunt in Wisconsin.

“What’s the matter old wolf? Staring contest?” I asked lightly munching on my pop tart. He gave me a look.

“Old friend of mine isn’t returning my calls. I’m a bit worried.” He said in his gruff huff.

“Look dad, it’s great that you’re trying to get back out there, but if she doesn’t want a second date then that’s her deal.” I said jokingly. Angel me laughed and I glared at her. She blew me a kiss and her hair went up in flames. I rolled my eyes and pooped my pills. I closed my eyes and sat on the couch. I woke up a few second later and looked at my bottle. It was really useful. I smiled at dad and he shook his head. I finished my meager breakfast and went outside. We have a lot of cars, and the other day I found and old jaguar back there. I’ve been fixing it up, and I really like how it’s going so far. I was switching out the motor bits and cleaning the engine when a pair of feet came into my line of sight.

“Say pops, could ‘ya pass me that wrench, there’s a stuck valve in here.” I called through the metal. A hand grabbed my foot and pulled me out. “OY!” I said loudly and stopped. Tom? Tom the baker? I stood up and stared at his face. He looked so sweet and kind, just like always. He looked a bit sad and looked at the car.

“You did say you could fix anything. I guess you just couldn’t fix my broken body.” He sighed. I placed one greasy hand over my mouth and tears pricked at my yes. I reached for my meds, and wiped my hands on my pants. He grabbed my hand and led me to another car. He sat in the driver seat and made me sit in the passenger seat. I suppose I could indulge my madness for a while. “Why did you do it? I was happy. I was engaged. And she was pregnant. Why didn’t you save me?” He said plaintively. I sighed.

“Oh Tommy. I wish I could have saved you. I really do, but falling from 10 stories? What isn’t something I can fix I told you not to go up to the roof. I told you.” I sighed wearily. I had lost tommy to a werewolf. It had pushed him off the roof and then attacked his sister. I had saved the sister, and killed the beast, but poor Tom died. I had been roaring drunk for a week straight before dad showed up and snapped my head back into place.

“But you could have caught me! You could easily have caught me and saved me! You were right there Angela! Right There!” He slammed his hand into the glove box. I flinched and tears poured down my face. He took a deep breath and I sighed. “You are strong. I saw you wrench up that car. You cold have caught me.”

“Your sister would have died. You made it very clear to me that your sister was the priority. And I told you not to go up to that roof. If you had just stayed in the room I could have saved you both.” I sad, still guilty but with a spark of anger jolting through me.

“BUT YOU LIED! You said there was a serial killer on the roof. Not that monster that tackled me off the side. You could have told me the truth from the beginning and I would have obeyed!” he grabbed my head and smashed it into the dash. I gasped at the impact. What? He did it again until I took out my iron knife and slashed it in his gut. He disappeared and I breathed. Dad. I jumped out woozy and unsteady and grabbed my pills off the table. I ran past Alice and the March Hare and waved at them.

“DAD!” I shouted running, “DAD!” I got to the porch and dashed inside. Something was wrong I could feel it. I focused my energy and felt two ghost girls upstairs with my dad. The Twins! I ran up the rickety stair case with my knife in hand and lashed the backs of the girl’s necks as the held dad down. He panted in shock as I helped him up.

“Oooh! You are a goody one arn-cha!” said Egghead. I slashed my knife through him and he just chuckled pointing at his large head. I sighed and popped two pills. I lost sight for a moment and when I came to, dad was carrying me down the stairs. I patted his arm and he set me down at the bottom. Just as he Winchester came running through the door.  Pointed my knife at them warily but they looked real enough and my psychic abilities picked up there human presence easily.

We grabbed a bunch of crap and ran downstairs. The boys were babbling about hunters being ripped to shreds and seeing the ghosts of people who died because of the hunts they had been on. I nodded, remembering Tom and we all set about reading up on a solution in the safe room. After a few minutes dad came across the answer and we made a plan. It was a stupid ass plan, but it would have to do. I pooped one pill, just in case, and we left the safe room.