12

I roll over in bed and look at the ceiling. For a moment I hang onto my dream. I was flying and on an adventure with these two guys. And I was in love. He was so cute. And he was an angel. I sighed as the dream faded. I sat up in bed and stretched in my tank top and shorts. Dreams sometimes consume me, but once my feet hit the ground I’m all reality. I brush out my shoulder length hair and put on my school uniform. The button down top is so cute on me! The skirt is adores too, but I really love the school blazer. We’re going on a field trip today so I put on some make up. Never know who could be Mr. Right! I slip my favorite Oreo earrings into my ears and put my Crucifix necklace on. I sigh happily and check the mirror. I jump into my penny loafers and grab my Armani back pack.

I catch a ride with Millie, my BFF and her boyfriend, Chad. We drive up to the school and pile onto the waiting bus. I talk with Millie about my new art project constantly until the bus suddenly stops. We are at the gates of some important business. I look out the window and we’re being boarded. Apparently the cops want to search our bags. Like college students would ever do that! We all got off and had our bags checked. One officer makes a b-line for me and asks for my bag. He look so familiar. I look t him carefully. He has his hat pulled low so I can’t see his eyes, but something seems special about him.

“This all seems to be in order.” He said calmly. His voice was so passive and even. I like it. He looked up at me suddenly and I received a jolt of lightening. I look into his crazy blue eyes and only one thought reaches my head. Angel face. I shake the thought away and smile brightly. The officer sighs sadly and gives me back my bag. He checks a bunch of other students, but keeps looking over at me. I pretend not to notice.

We all get back on the bus and we go in. Sandover’s is huge. I loved it! We get a full tour, from the ground up. We stop in tech assistance and we pass a cubicle. The leader, who is some important business man, stops at one and taps the man on the shoulder. He turns around and the words just pops out of my mouth, “Hiya Sammy boy!” I say almost sarcastically and the other students all look to me in surprise. But the Tech guy does the exact same thing.

“Did you have to break a sound barrier to get here, or did you walk like the rest of us?” He said jokingly. Then stopped, his brow furrowed. He looked at me curiously. Then the business man took over and asked what it was Sam did. Sam explained and we all nodded politely and Millie asked him a question, just to be nice. We all moved along except me. I had stared at him nonstop since he had spoken. He looked at me.

“I think I know you.” We said at the same time. We stared at each other. He handed me a card and I nodded. I ran after my group and we continued with our tour. So make that two freaky encounters for today. We got to the fourteenth floor, seeing all the old rooms and we stopped outside room 1444. T was the old company director’s office. It was old and had electronics all over. I didn’t like it. Something else was here with us and it scared me. I breathed a bit and my breath materialized in front of me. Cold? In here? I shivered a bit and as we left I saw an old man in one of the computer screens. I turned, but no one was there. I followed Millie out and we got higher up.

We went into an office with the Business man. He had us listen to a man about how finance can affect your life. I couldn’t see him, being in the back, but I could hear him, and he sounded familiar. Familiar like Sam and that security guard. Every one filed out after a while but I stayed behind again. I looked at the man and he looked up. I wrinkled my nose when I saw his face.

“Geez dean, lose the monkey suit. You look like penguin.” I said casually. The man laughed and said, “Your one to talk, walking around with those wings all the time.” We both froze. He was so familiar, I just couldn’t think where. I ran out the door and to the group. I looked at my back pack. The embroidered wings looked so pretty, but how could he have seen them? I shrugged and thought about how crazy this day was. We all went back downstairs. Millie and I got separated from the group because she had to pee, so we hopped in an elevator with that man I called dean. Millie smiled at him, and he smiled back politely. We locked eyes for a moment and I paled a bit. He looked away and just then the doors opened, and in came Sam from the tech area.

Sam looked at dean and Dean looked at Sam. Then they both looked at me and I shrugged, just as confused as they were. How did I know these guys? Millie didn’t notice a thing. We got to the bottom floor and we all stepped out. I looked at the two men hesitantly Sam looked at me and made a phone with his hand. I nodded slightly and looked at dean pointedly Sam shrugged and left. I ran after Millie. We go on the bus and went home. That night I called the number.

“Hello this is Sam.” I heard a voice say. I smiled at the voice. It brought back memories, but not. It was scary. I frowned and swallowed.

“Sam? It’ Angie. From the school group.”

“Yeah hi. Look, sorry if this is creepy but last night I had a dream about you.” He said over the phone. A dream? HOLY COW!

“OMIGOSH ME TOO!” I screamed over the line. I heard him say ‘ow’. “Oh. Sorry Sam. What were we doing in our dream?” I asked seriously.

“Um. Well me and you at that guy in the elevator were all hunting.” He stopped.

“Yes! Hunting vampires and werewolves and ghosts and demons!” I said excitedly.

“Exactly! How did you know?” He said sounding shaken up.

“Because I had the exact same dream! We were hunters and we ought people and I had wings and could really fly!” I said.

“Yes! And the 66 seals of Lucifer.” He said in the same tone. I almost lost it when he said that. I was so excited. We stayed up all night talking and trying to figure out what was going on.

CASTIEL

I watched her walk by me without a second glance and I shivered inside. How could that happen? And why did I care? Care enough to interfere with Zachariah’s plans? Why did I care so much about her? I cleared my mind and moved myself away. I felt myself fly and then I landed. I looked around. It was the city I last saw her in. New Orleans. I walked to the ally we had been in and envisioned our conversation.

“Can’t you ever just show up to ask me to a movie? It’s always something big. Never just, ‘Hey let’s grab some burgers!’ It’s always something.” She said.

Her tone had conveyed light hearted talk, but her eyes poke differently. She actually wanted me to do that. I looked around me. I needed to do this correctly.