It was a little after three in the afternoon when the front doorbell rang. Emily was already in the kitchen, so she made her way to the front entrance. But Emily wished she hadn't, when she saw who was at the door. It was Tyler Lockwood. Emily wasn't that happy with Tyler at the moment, since he beaten Jeremy to a pulp.

"I'm here for my mom. I was supposed to pick up a box of stuff," Tyler mumbled as he avoided eye contact with the Gilbert girl.

Emily nodded her head before leaving the door wide open and quickly grabbing the small box from the dining room table. "Please be careful with it, Ty," Emily commanded.

Tyler looked up at Emily when she used his nickname. He sighed as he apologized, "look, I'm sorry about fighting with Jeremy. It was just in the heat on the moment, I was angry." But when Emily only stayed silent, Tyler looked into Emily's green eyes as he begged, "please, Emmie."

Emily rolled her eyes. Ever since she was little, she could never be mad at her best friend for too long. "Fine," she huffed, "just stop fighting with my little brother."

Tyler gave the oldest Gilbert a bright smile before he pulled her into a hug. "I'll see you tonight, right?" He questioned. Emily nodded her head as she watched one last smile grow onto Tyler's face before he quickly jogged towards his truck.

Later in the evening, while Elena was in the kitchen, Emily sat at the dining room table with Bonnie as they looked over several different colors of nail polishes."Delicate flower vs naughty vixen," Bonnie called out as she held up two colored nail polishes.

Elena looked over at the two colors with furrowed brows as she spoke, "tough call. Can we mix them?"

Bonnie looked over at Elena with teasing smile as she observed, "look at you, getting all pretty for your date. You seem happy-ish."

"I am... ish," Elena commented as she sat across from the two girls, "tonight's gonna be a good night."

"Speaking of dates," Emily spoke. She smiled vibrantly at Bonnie as she questioned, "would you do the honor of being my beautiful date?"

Bonnie faked gasped in happiness, "the Emily Gilbert asking me to be her date? I would love to!" Emily chuckled before she pulled Bonnie into a tight hug. Ever since Bonnie had came to Emily about all the witch stuff, the green eyed girl felt like they have became closer.

Elena rolled her eyes at her sister before she turned to Bonnie seriously, "you looked like you had something important to tell us as soon as you walked in."

Bonnie sighed as she looked away from Elena's doe eyes as she spoke, "what if I tell you guys in the morning? I don't want to ruin the night."

Elena grabbed the nail polish from Bonnie's hand, so she would focus on her before she commanded, "Bonnie, out with it."

"Okay," Bonnie sighed, "but it has to go in the fault, because Caroline would kill me if it gets back to Damon that she squealed." Bonnie took a deep breath before she explained, "apparently Stefan has a very interesting back story."

"Uh-huh," Elena mumbled, not knowing what Bonnie was getting at.

"Do you know what happened with his ex-girlfriend Katherine?" Bonnie questioned.

That grabbed Emily's attention since Damon had told her about Katherine, which Emily also told her sister about. Emily shrugged her shoulders, "we know that they both dated her."

"Yeah," Bonnie nodded her head. "They both dated her, only she chose Damon," Bonnie began to explain, "and that drove Stefan mad, so he did horrible things to try and break them up. He manipulated Katherine. He filled her head with all these lies until finally it worked, and she turned against Damon."