5 (55). Sleek New Look

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm coming into the studio today for the first day of rehearsals. Walking into the studio I see Kate and Pheobe looking very serious. What's going on?

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I've decided not to tell A troupe about internationals just yet. All our attention has to be on jelling together and working towards Move it. I know that internationals should be our priority, but we have to work ourselves up before taking on the best dance teams in the world. But as for A troupe. I have some plans in mind for them.

The team all came in shortly after Michelle did, but little did they know that they were all about to see a different side to The Next Step. "Great, now that your all here it's time to start working towards move it. But before that, I'd like to explain the way A troupe is going to run." Kate began to explain, causing great curiosity to the dancers. "From tomorrow, A troupe is going to have an strict 3 strikes and your out policy"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
The 3 strikes and your own policy means that if you have more than 3 issues with A troupe per dance season, for example late to rehearsal, or miss rehearsal etc. You will receive a make on your name and after 3 marks you won't be apart of A troupe.

West (Hiphop Dancer) POV -
This is really intense, Kate must want us to do really well because she has never been this strict before.

"We also need a new dance captain in Richelles absence and already we've chosen who we'd think do that job well enough" Pheobe added, as A troupe would also be dancing at internationals aswell. The dance captain for that year would be under a lot of pressure, but they were confident that they had chosen the right person.

"Piper. You're going to be the dance captain for this season - congratulations" Kate announced, starting around of applause as she gave piper her new title. Piper smiled, "Thank you"

Piper (New Dance Captain) POV -
I'm the new dance captain? That's amazing!

James (Break Dancer) POV -
I'm so proud of my sister right now. She is going to be a great leader!

"And now onto move it. Only 12 teams are going to be competing and there are 2 qualifiers" Kate announced, Emily and Riley
Both turned to each other with a nervous face. But after the qualifier experiences they had been through in the past, it was hardly surprising.

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
When I hear the word Qualifier, all my nerves kick in...

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
... I mean considering all of the trouble that went through in the qualifiers that led up to Regionals, it's bound to be a nervous experience and for Riley, Noah, Piper and Amanda of all people.

"They take 10 teams in the first qualifier and 2 teams In the second. We need to start thinking about the Small group routine that we're going to send to the first qualifier..." Pheobe announced, everyone knew how the Regionals events went down and they did not want a repeat.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Qualifiers are serious business. We have to do well. If they win then I'll tell about internationals!

Studio B

Piper had taken the news of becoming dance captain well. But now with the Movie It Qualifier coming up in a few weeks, the pressure was really on. She was dancing in studio B to stay sharp so that if she was picked, then she was prepared. "Hey Sis. What's up?" James entered the room with high energy.

James (Pipers Brother) POV -
I'm just Checking in on piper to see how she's doing. I can already tell that she is going to be nervous about the Qualifier, especially after what happened at Regionals.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about the qualifier. We really have to do well in this" She replied to him, stopping her dance and taking a drink of her water. "What do you think is the best way forward?" She asked her brother, James was unhelpful mind, unfortunately for piper.

James (Pipers Sister) POV -
She's the dance captain, so ultimately it's up to her.

The Office

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm coming into the office because the studio is empty and I want to speak with Miss Kate and Pheobe. I was an alternate for Nationals and I don't want that happening for move it, so I have to make sure that we're on the same page.

"Hey gals! I was just checking if you could spot me on this new move I've been working on!" Emily asked, rather excitedly. Kate smiled, she always loved to see dancers being creative with their work. "Of course. What is it?" Kate replied cheerily. "Well Acro isn't my strongest point so I've trying to get an ariel" Emily explained, but Kates face dropped when she heard that.

"I'm just going to stop you right there -

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Acro isn't Emily's strangest style and the fact she knows that and wants to improve is great, but if she hurts herself again I just don't know what I'll do, I have to stop this for at least a while.

"Emily. You need to rest your knee. I'm counting on you being a big part of move it and Internation_" Kate instantly knew she had said to much. But Emily wanted to testify, did she just hear Kate say internationals? "Did you just say internationals?" Emily asked, stepping closer into the office.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Seriously Kate! Did you just blurt that out?

Emily (Contemporary) POV -
Kate said something about internationals and she's not telling me - I'm going to find out what.

"What do you mean?"
"Alright you have to keep this quiet until I say but the Geminis were paying the judges to raise their scores. The people that were here at the auditions were the board explaining that we are the true winners: After move it, we will be working towards internationals"

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
This is amazing! We're going to compete at internationals. But if Kate wants my silence, then she'll have to pay for it.

"Alright, I'll keep if secret. Only if you promise to give me a spot on the team going to the qualifier!" She bargained, the stakes suddenly went up. Kate didn't know what to say to that.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
A troupe is all about working hard now to win. If I give Emily a spot on the qualifier team already, am I going back on everything that I've set A troupe out to be?

Next time - A troupe holds auditions for the qualifier, but An unexpected visit from Richelle throws everyone of their course.

So what did you think? Piper is now dance captain, I think she'll a great leader. And how about the new A troupe policy and move it rules? Comments and vote if you enjoyed! Thnaks!