50. Sink Or Swim Together (Nationals)

*The Next Day*

Hunter had explained and Emily's mistake had checked out. Hunter was now on the team and would be dancing in the final round against the Geminis. However it was a huge risk, but it was the only option they had and so the team wasted no time in teaching him the finals routine. But it was going well, he seemed to be picking it up really fast. Which was a huge help to the team.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
It's the day of finals, Hunter is legitimately on the Nationals team. So we just have to give our best shot in the performance later today!  As the studio head it's my job to make sure that the dancers are ready and focused on the end goal.

"Today is the day. Please all stand up"
"Now that we are all ready, I want to congratulate you for getting to the finals. We haven't had an easy ride this year at Nationals" Kate began, whilst clapping and acting extra cheery. She wasn't wrong either, this had been one of the most cut throat competitions in a long time.

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Kate isn't wrong about that. We had to tie break my solo, Michelle almost had no costume, there was a shock twist in the small group round and Richelle got injured and then Kingston threw the team.

"Gemini is a strong team, and so are we. But with the new addition to our squad, I'm confident that won't change a thing. So are we ready to win Nationals?" Kate asked, getting A troupe into a state of high energy and ready to fight. They all cheered, they were ready finals, but were the finals ready for them?

Absolute Dance Nationals
Final Round

Chuck Anderson -

64 teams whittled down to 2! I'm Chuck Anderson and this is my Co Host Tré Armstrong, how are you doing tré?

Tré Armstrong - SNR Network
I'm good chuck, very excited. I'm expecting a lot of tension today, both The Next Step and Gemini are strong teams to take the title but my worries are expressed for the next step as it seems yet again this year a dancer in injured, and a new alternate dancer will be dancing in this round, that is a lot of changes....

The curtin was down as A troupe were all stretching and marking bits of of the dance right before they got on stage, this was it! "Okay guys. We sink or swim together, we're a family. And we have each other's backs... 1,2,3 THE NEXT STEP!"

...ready to role here at the absolute dance National Championship!

A troupe got into their starting position as the curtains rose up. As expected they had an eye popping set to a company them on stage, and their costumes did resemble thaf of a runway circus act but at the same time infused with ballet.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I'm proud of them all, this isn't the team that lost Regionals. But I'm confident it won't be a team that looses Nationals today.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm dancing in the finals of NATIONALS, this is a childhood dream of mine!

Hunter (Break dancer) POV -
I feel as if I've been dancing with on A troupe my entire life. I glad Emily messed up the forms the other day, because this wouldn't be happening if she didn't.

James (Break Dancer) POV -
I know that whatever happens, we'll stick together and come out on top. We're the next step: internationals winners, and were coming for the title once more.

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
A great performance from the next step, but now it's time to see how Gemini is going to deliver! Are they going to take the title or is it two consecutive years for the next step? Let's find out as Team Gemini take to the stage.

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Watching from the wings I see Alfie get into place with the Gemini team. If they win today I don't know what i will do, he was on our team and he just left us.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Watching The Geminis dance, just makes me all the move nervous. Their dance is completely different and contemporary and Ballet dancing while ours was a Hiphop. If they are looking for a technical routine, then I Think Gemini could have it in the bag.

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
If we lose today I'll be devastated, we came so far as a studio since internationals and its all just slowly being undone and I can't bear it.

The dance came to a dramatic end, which ment one thing: it was time for the results. A troupe made their way out onto the stage and stood in a line with their hands inter locked with someone else. The judges walked through the gap between a troupe and the Gemini team with the trophy.

It felt like a long time, but the voice over began to talk and they were moments away from learning their fate, who was this year's champions?

AND THE WINNER OF THE 18TH ANNUAL ABSOLUTE DANCE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IS
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so nervous, I'm just holding James tightly and the promise ring as I pray that we win and get to move onto internationals!

Zara (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
My heart is pounding! Have we lost or won?

🌟🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
GEMINI!
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

The audience let out the huge applause as the new winners collected their trophy from the judges, a troupe could only watch as the Geminis celebrated with a trophy that should have been there's. It was hard to accept, it was over and The Next Step had lost Nationals, would they ever redeem themselves now?

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
My heart breaks for them, we worked so hard and now It's over.

Hunter (Break dancer) POV -
I came all the way here and we still lost, this is terrible.

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Incredible the new comers team Gemini defeat the National champions! The Next Step has put their title to bed. Team Gemini are moving on aren't they tré?

Tré Armstrong - SNR Network
Yes! They are moving onto internationals!

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
We used to have everything, and where did all of the hard work go? What happens to A troupe now? I mean where do we go from here?

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
This is far from over, the next step will make it back to the top! We're The Next Step Dance Studio, this isn't over, We will make it back to our former glory... Whatever it takes!

Next time - I've go an authors note explaining some news. Please read!

So what did you think? A troupe lost Nationals? What will happen now? Comment and Vote if you enjoyed, thnaks!