49. Rock Bottom? (Nationals)

A troupe walked back to the dressing room while they were getting ready for the award ceremony. Piper couldn't help but think that something was wrong with Kingston at that point, he looked totally zoned out and not interested in the competition.

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
There is something up with Kingston but I'm not sure what. All I know is that I have to talk to him and find out right away, before it messes up the team.

"Hey. Kingston could we talk for a second?"

Kingston (Hiphop Dancer) POV -
I know exactly what piper is going to call me out on, but I have to be honest: My heart isn't in dancing at Nationals anymore, and I don't want to dance against Gemini either!

"I don't want dance in the finals anymore" The Hiphop dancer announced to the team, the dancers all turned away from their conversations at the sound of this. "What?! No you will dance in the finals" Piper protested, completely ignoring what he had just said. All of the team now gathered around and couldn't believe what they were hearing.

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Kingston cannot be serious right now! He can't just leave us in the lurch, what about being part of a team, apart of A troupe!

"I'm sorry. I've made up my mind. I don't want to dance in the finals and I won't dance against Gemini. I quit... I'm sorry." Kingston left the room, leaving A troupe angry and flabbergasted.

Kingston (Hiphop Dancer) POV -
I'm sorry for A troupe, I am. But I don't want to do this and they cannot make me. But a team looks out for its dancers and they have to except my decision.

But at the same time Kate walked through the door with a confused look her face. "I just passed Kingston what's going on. How could A troupe tell Kate this news, it would spell the end of everything." He's thrown the competition. He won't dance with us anymore!" Emily explained, Kates face dropped immediately. "And we're facing Gemini!" She added.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
This is bad! We have an injured dancer, no alternates and a dancer down completely and we're facing Gemini. Tell me how that is going to work out.

"How do we fix this?" Ella asked, "I don't but we_"

ALL NOMINATED TEAMS TO THE WINGS!

"Look guys. We have go to the awards. But we'll sort this!" Emily said, trying to reassure her team mates that all would be fine. But had A troupe finally reached rock bottom? "Let's get going" She added and the team moved out to the wings.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I don't know how we're going to fix this, but we have to!

Absolute Dance Nationals
Awards

"Welcome our Female Soloists to the stage"

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
A troupe is so worried right now, but we've all come down to the awards. As Noah tied with his competitor, he couldn't be nominated but Michelle has been nominated for Miss National Soloist again so that's amazing!

"In third place, there is Chloe from Joanne Chapman!" The audience applauded, and the manager called out the next placement. "In second place Gemma from team Gemini!" The audience let out another round of applause, Michelle let out a smile as this ment she had won Miss National Soloist again. "And in first place Michelle from the Next step!"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I'm so pleased for Michelle! She's miss National Soloist 3 consecutive years in a row!

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I was the lowest last year, and now I'm miss National Soloist for the 3rd year in a row; I'm so happy! We just need to figure out the Kingston replacement problem!

The Next Step - Dance Studio

Kingston (Hiphop Dancer) POV -
I came back to the studio to collect me stuff before I go home. But i see this guy in the office, I've not seen him before. Who is he?

Kingston didn't know that it was actually Hunter in the studio, "Hey can I help you?" Hunter asked, walking out the office to confront him, "Yeah. I'm collecting my stuff." he replied, Hunter nodded at this. "Oh alright, there is no one is here, everyone is down at Nationals this week" Hunter explained.

Kingston answered slowly, "I know. I just came from there...i quit the team before the finals and a dancer is injured" He explained, but this striked a thought deep into hunters mind and he rushed back into the office to see the new list that had been sent through.

Hunter (Break dancer) POV -
This Kingston dancer quit the team, and a dancer is injured. So now A troupe can't dance. But as I read the new list I see Emily put my name down from when we met the other day. If a dancer is injured and he's just quit. They are in trouble, they think they are a dancer down... But Emily saved the team, by putting my name down, they have enough dancers... If I get there in time. I have to help them out!

Absolute Dance Nationals

Hours later, the team had come back to the dressing room. All they could think about was the fact they had not enough dancers to compete in the Semifinals. "What are we going to do about this problem then? Michelle asked. No one had a solution the problem rig then. "Guys. I hate to say it. But have have to think about forfeiting the competition." Kate announced, she didn't want to say it, but it was the only way.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I really don't want to forfeit. But we only have 9 dancers, you have to have 10 to compete.

"We can't forfeit, we're A troupe!" The voice of Hunter came through the door, much to everyone Shock. "What are you doing here?" Amanda asked, completely confused about this. "Emily's error on the forms the other day means that I'm registered to the nationals team.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I added Hunter to the list? That is amazing!

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I don't know what is going on anymore! But with Hunter some how registered on our list, it means we have a shot at winning nationals! And we have to take that!

Next time - A troupe has a fight on their hands In the last day of the competition.

So what do you think? Hunter is now at Nationals! Will they be able to win? Comment theories below. Hope you enjoyed!