29. Featured

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Right now I'm just in the office and I'm about to get rehearsals ready for today. I've got my two replacements lined up and I'm about to tell who it is. In my opinion, these two dancers are the best fit for our team. They are strong, dedicated dancers and they will really benefit our team.

"As you all know. Sloane and Latroy left A troupe, and with Nationals right around the corner. I've made an executive decision as the studio owner as to who will replace them for Nationals!" Kate explained, the remaining team looked happy and excited with all that was being said.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV
I'm really excited to find out who's in A troupe.

Daniel (Head Choreographer) POV -
Kate has made a great choice with these two dancers. They have great Chemistry and should be able to Mesh with the team well.

"Please Welcome back to A troupe, James and Riley!" She announced, starting a big round of applause as they came into the studio holding hands. "Hey guys. Is this okay?" Riley asked, "Of course it is!"  Emily answered, walking over to Her sister and he boyfriend. Giving them both a welcome hug.

Riley (New A troupe member) POV -
I'm so excited to be back In A troupe. This is just great, I can't wait to get started on Nationals.

James (New A troupe Member) POV -
I just want to get started, I'm so pumped and I'm just ready to get to Nationals and just Kill it!

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Having James on A troupe is great. I've wanted to dance with him on a competitive team for such a long time now and now I get to dance on the Nationals stage with him, is kinda magical.

"So guys, now that we have our full team. Its time we started thinking about Nationals, it's a lot more intense that at Regionals and so we need to know what we're going to be going up against." Kate began, "So there is male solo, Small group, Duet, Female Solo Semifinals and Finals. But of course, that could also change"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Usually The Nationals Board would have sent a letter telling us exactly what the rounds at the competition would be. But we haven't had anything yet.  It's important we know exactly what we have to do to win!

"I'm going to follow this up with the bored right now. So Richelle and Daniel are going to lead the warm up" She announced, and with that. The basic administration of the studio day was over and classes and rehearsals were underway. Leading the warm up wasn't particularly good news for Richelle however, she had been hoping to rest her leg a little before dancing full out at Nationals and it this rate, she wouldn't have any time for it to heal.

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
Having to lead the warmup when my leg is in bad condition is annoying, but I'm the dance captain, so it's got to be done.

The Mall

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm coming to meet Skylar in the mall, because to be honest, I feel kind of deflated. I lost the tour, then Giselle found another one which I gave up to audition for A troupe. Then I didn't even make it, Skylar didn't make it in either, So I thought I'd talk to her about it.

Skylar (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Amanda talking to me about not getting A troupe, is hard I mean I don't really want to talk about it though, but it looks like it's going to happen anyway.

"I just can't believe I didn't make the team. Why didn't I get in, wasn't I good enough or something?" Amanda asked, still in disbelief that she wasn't on the team. Skylar sat next to her, trying to reassure Amanda that she wasn't a bad dancer. "Well you had the tour, Maybe she thought you were distracted?"  Skylar guessed.

"What about me?!"

Skylar (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I was the dance captain! I'm got our team to Regionals, and now I'm nothing? It just doesn't sit right with me. Every ounce of my being misses A troupe. But I guess it's just time to move on.

Studio A

"Alright. The board just sent me an email!"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
The board have apologised, with out late admission into Nationals this year, our letter wasn't sent out but it's okay they emailed out the list of rounds this year.

"I have the rounds of the Nationals Competition and I'm very excited to read it to you! So this year, there is: Male Solo, Female, Small Group, A 4 Person dance, 9 Person Semifinals routine and a full team dance in the final round!! "

James (Break Dancer) POV -
I like the Nationals Rules, they are really cut throat and I like that.

"But as the solo rounds are first and there isn't time to audition everyone. So I've made an executive decision as head of the studio that our soloists are going to be Noah and Michelle!" Kate announced, A troupe applauded them and many sounds of congratulations were heard. "Michelle, as Miss National Soloist, I know we can reply on you to get us into the next round of the competition which is Small group!"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I will be holding auditions for the small group round because I know how competitive that round is and last year we were very well represented with The Luther Brown Choreography.

"I'm going to put the audition sign us sheet up at 2 and I expect so see a lot of names down." Kate said, she walked over to the office wall and hung up the street and then moved backwards as many dancers rushed forward to put their names down.

Richelle (Acro Dancer) POV -
Although my leg is hurting a lot, at the end of the day I do want to be be a featured dancer at nationals once my leg heals so I'm going to have to go full out for my audition, I just hope I don't blow all chances of healing fully completely...

Next time - Auditions for the small group are under way, Is Richelle getting busted for her leg?

A/n:So what did you think? Are the soloists the right choice? Will Richelle get found out?  COMMENT & VOTE if you enjoyed, thanks!