3 (53). The Winnowing

*Continuation From Last*

Kate and Pheobe we're both still in shock, the manager had just told them they'd be going to internationals. But now they didn't know how to play that, they couldn't decide weather to tell everyone the news or keep it secret until the new A troupe was formed. "Keep it quiet until the new A troupe is announced" Kate suggested.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Now that A troupe think we're go to move it. They don't need to know about internationals just yet, I just want to get the best team possible - without any clouded judgement.

~~~

"Everyone please move to the side, the solo auditions are about to begin" Kate announced. She was looking for individual talent in this area as well as creativity. West was the first of the dance in the solo round and it was very refreshing to see him dancing again in her opinion. He was still the same amazing dancer as always.

West (HipHop Dancer) POV -
I feel great as I'm dancing, it feels like coming home after a really long time away. Getting back into A troupe would definitely mean a lot to me.

Eldon (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
The competition at this audition is insane, the calibre of dance has really gone up in the last few years. I really hope that I make A troupe, because even though we won't be dancing at internationals, move it is still really important.

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I feel like I'm dancing really well, if I don't make A troupe, I'll be devastated. This team is everything to me.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I've never usually been nervous about A troupe auditions before but I am this time around. A lot of dancers are doing Acro and I can't do that, the extent of my skills being are cartwheel. I think I could be in trouble.

James (Break Dancer) POV -
I'm pumped that my bros are back to audition, and that's making me push even harder to get into A troupe. I'll be with Riley, Piper, and my best friends and nothing will be able to break us.

Zara (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
It was my first year on A troupe this year, I hope that doesn't put me at a disadvantage. Not all new people are like Kingston, I don't want his bad ways to reflect on me - I will not betray the team!

Soon enough, all of the dancers had performed their solo and it was time for the auditions to make their first cut of the day. They some how had to cut down to 20 dancers. "Okay thank you. We'll go talk about it and we'll be back in a few minutes" Pheobe announced, they did have a tricky decision to make and this wasn't even the full official A troupe.

The Office

"I would have a problem in choosing this dancer for the next round"

"Yes, but West can't do any technique... But he makes up for it totally!"

"Acro is a big part of Internationals, and move it for that matter. That isn't her strongest point is it?"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Making this cut is harder than I thought. If we need to somehow come back from loosing Regionals & Nationals, we need a pretty amazing team, there is to many good dancers to not keep.

"Are we agreed on this?" Kate asked her sister. Pheobe nodded, she thought that that was a good selection of dancers to go through to the next round of auditions, they had just to tell them about it now. "Okay, let's break the news" Kate said.

Studio A

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Kate and Pheobe are coming out of the office with the list of names who made it through to the next round, and I'm so nervous!

"I have the list of names of the 20 dancers who have made it into the Choreo round:
1) Zara
2) Hunter
3) Camile
4) West
5) Robyn
6) James
7) Olivia
8) Noah
9) Amanda
10) Piper

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I feel relieved that I made it into the next round of auditions, that's one step closer to being on the move it team.

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Myself and Amanda both made it to the next round, I'm so happy and I can't wait for the Choreo round.

Hunter (Break dancer) POV -
I feel great that I made it into the next round, I hope that everyone can see I'm a team player.

11) Eldon
12) Emily
13) Harry
14) Michelle
15) Jake
16) Riley
17) Adam
18) Jayden
19) Ella
20) Jack

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so excited to Get into the next round, I'm a senior dancer, this team needs me and I need them.

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Hearing my name get called, Was a relief.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Hearing my name called out is a relief. I may not be the best Acro Dancer. But I make up for it in other areas I think.

"Thank you for everyone who auditioned and don't forget there is always next year. But if you could all head out that would be appreciated" Kate said politely, the dancers who were successful all moved across the studio space and began to spread out for the Choreography round. But strangely, phoebe sat down on the floor and got into a very flexible and complicated yoga pose.

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Is this the Choreography or?

Hunter (Break dancer) POV -
She just starts doing all of this yoga,, I sure hope this isn't the Choreography because I might as well just walk out right now, yknow what I mean?

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I knew that having Pheobe back at the studio would cause some level of disruption... But you know we can deal with that right?

"Um everyone take 5" Kate suggested, looking at her sister in a very strange way. But moments later Pheobe must have come to her senses, because she got up from the floor. "Sorry I was just blessing the space, I was picking up negative energy and I don't like to teach Choreography in a place of negative energy"

Pheobe (Head Choreographer) POV -
I could feel the negativity just weighing everything down and I thought it free it all a little by doing some positive Yoga before the audition.

Riley (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I don't know what is happening right now. But if I make A troupe I'm in for a very, very long year...

Next time - As the Choreography round is underway, developments arise from the dance management team, A troupe is announced.

So what did you Think? Comment and vote if you enjoyed!