30. Can You Keep A Secret?

*Continuation From Last Chapter*

Zara (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Right now we're just holding auditions for the Small group which is 3—5 Person dance. I really want to be a featured dancer at the competition, so I'm going to audition for every routine possible!

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Knowing that I'm going to be competing for Mr National Soloist is an amazing feeling. I've always wanted to be a Soloist at the most prestigious competition in the country, and now it looks like I am. Eldon always did a great job when represent The Next Step, so I've got some big shoes to fill.

"Okay, is everyone warm? Yeah? Great lets start the small group auditions!" Kate said, rather excitedly and with a big smile on her face. She was looking for a lot of talent in the auditions, the boys Luther Brown small group was so big and high energy that they needed to get something 10X this year.

"So, the list says that Kingston, Alfie and Zara are auditioning for the Small group, as are Noah, Ella, Piper and James." Kate said, she looked pleased with the dancers that had put their names down, but was shocked to see some of the stronger dancers and particularly Richelle who was dance captain not down on the list.

"Holding out for something better?" The studio head asked Richelle, She looked up from fiddling with her leg and faced the studio head. "Oh, I wanted to be in the 4 Person dance actually so I'm holding out for that" She answered, failing at one of her dance captain duties already. Emily picked up on this.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
It's the dance captains job to always wanting to represent the team and be in every routine but Richelle just isn't doing that. I think I'm going to have a little talk with her to see what's really going on.

Java Junction

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
Emily called me down to the java junction and I'm so nervous because what if she finds out about my leg, I'll loose my spot as dance captain and worse, I'll loose my spot on the team.

"So what are you talking me for?" Richelle asked bluntly, as Emily sat down and brought some juices over to the table. "Oh, well you dance captain, I'm Previous dance captain. I thought, maybe we could share dance captain tips?" Emily said, but Richelle for sure wasn't buying it. "OK, whats going on why aren't you auditioning?"  Emily finally said.

"Why aren't you?" Richelle spat back.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm not auditioning because I'm not strong enough to be in this round. Small groups are serious business!

"We're here to talk about you" Emily said, the bottle on the table slipped beneath the table and Emily jolted to catch it, accidently kicking Richelles bad leg in the process, which made her let out a piece of painful moan. "Your injured! I knew you were hiding something!"  The contemporary dancer pointed.

"Yes Okay I'm injured, You can't tell anyone! You missed the chance to dance at internationals! And you know how much that hurt, Do you want me to feel the same?" Richelle asked, playing on Emily's personal feelings to buy her silence.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Richelle is right, and now she's injured, I know it's wrong to keep it a secret. But It hurt to bad miss out on internationals and I don't want Richelle to miss out too. This is an impossible position!

Studio A

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Right now we're just in studio A and watching the first audition for the Nationals small group.

Daniel (Head Choreographer) POV -
Kington, Alfie and Zara are doing a really great job at the moment. It's a Hiphop routine but this makes me nervous for the studio as last year's National Small group was Hiphop and we don't want to bore the judges!

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
I really hope I get the small group, because I want to shake this studio up!

Zara (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
We're doing great!

"Okay, Noah, Ella, Piper and James!"

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Dancing the small group at Nationals with James would be fantastic! I'm confident that we're going to do well.

James (Break Dancer) POV -
I'm really happy with this Small group. Plus I'm dancing with my sister! This is going to be great if we can dance together at Nationals!

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I do feel like our routine is going well. I just hope we could have had more time to prepare it because it could be a lot better.

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm really Confident. But I won't be to fussed if I don't make the small group, It will give me more time to focus on my Mister National Soloist routine.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I'm really impressed with this small group. I think we all know who the winner is.

"I think we all know who the winners are! We'll done that was fantastic! I think we should call it a day" Kate said, most of the dancers liked the idea of going home early. "Let's go to the Java Junction? Drinks on me!"  Emily said, A troupe filtered out of the studio with Richelle the last person in the room.

She thought about dancing for a second, but she couldn't. She needed to wait for it to heal just a little longer...

Next time - Auditions for the person dance come to a halt when an opportunity arises for A troupe.

So what did you think? COMMENT & VOTE if you enjoyed!