17. Preoccupied

*Continuation From Last Chapter*
Emily (Co-Captain) POV -
Right now I'm watching Alfie and Michelle dance their duet and its insane. Hollie and haiden should be worried because their duet was nowhere near as good as this. Plus I hope Michelle gets this dance, she's been really unlucky and...she deserves it.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I think it's already decided. Alfie and Michelle have to dance the duet at the Wildcard Competition.

"Well I think it's obvious who's doing the duet at the Wildcard Competition!" Kate announced as the dance ended and Alfie and Michelle got their breath back. "Congratulations Michelle and Alfie!"

All of A troupe rejoiced, "Thank you." They both said, trying not to act big headed but celebrating hard on the inside.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Knowing that I'm going to be doing the duet at The Nationals Wildcard Competition is absolutely amazing.

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
I can't wait to perform this, it's needs a little work. But overall I'm excited!

The Mall

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm coming to the mall to meet Giselle. I have to tell her that we can't go back to the tour. And I can't believe Noah has been of offered a spot!

Giselle could sesne that Amanda wasn't happy as soon as she saw her.

Giselle (Acro Dancer) POV -
As soon I see Amanda, I know something is up. I can tell we're not going to be back on the tour anytime soon.

The Next Step - Studio A

"Okay. So we have our duet, Michelle and Alfie. We also have our trio, Latroy, Sloane and Amy. Which means that we need to start thinking about the solo...

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
The solo is the first round and is first dance that is going to be perfomed out of all 3 rounds.

"... For this we need a strong, dedicated dancer. So does anyone want to come forward?" Kate asked, She had big hopes for this round. Ella put her hand up, "I'll do it?" She said. Kate didn't know how to react with that, there was still times where she didn't fully trust her. But No other dancer was stepping up and the solo looked as if it was going to her.

"Wait. I'll do it!" Skylar then said at the last minute. Ever since they lost Regionals, it was as if her confidence was slipping. But it was good to see the old Skylar coming out again. "Well. You ladies have 1 hour to prepare your Solos that you'll perform to us"  Kate explained.

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
This is how I'm going to prove myself to A troupe, they need me.

Skylar (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I do feel really nervous about going up against Ella as she is Miss International Soloist and we did just loose Regionals. But I'll give it my best shot.

The Mall

"... And When he went to talk to them.  They offered NOAH the spot instead of giving them back to us!" Amanda explained. Giselle let out a smile, "Well thats Amazing! didn't you tell him to take it?" She added, Amanda had a confused look on her face. This was her tour too.

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
How is Giselle not upset? Or offended?

Giselle (Acro Dancer) POV -
This is all going to be fine. Amanda just needs to calm down a bit.

"Look you need to calm down. It may not even matter anymore. I found us another tour" Giselle explained, "Now it isn't an International company but it does travel to London." She explained. "... Oh"  Amanda said, rather deflated.

"What is it?" Giselle asked.

"Well if it doesn't matter and we're going to dance on this tour. Then I could have just ruined my relationship with Noah!" Amanda said, this wasn't a good feeling at all.

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I just rubbed salt into the wound as a used the Regionals lose as ammunition in my argument with Noah. I hope he's going to forgive me!

The Next Step - Studio A

Daniel (Head Choreographer) POV -
Right now, we're all coming into the studio to watch Skylar and Ella compete at the solo spot for the competition. These are such incredible dancers so it is anyone's game.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I do have high hopes for these Solos. Ella has been to internationals many times and Skylar has competed at Nationals a lot so they do have a lot of experience in their fields.

"Right. It's time to start. Skylar you're going first —

Skylar (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so nervous right now. But i shouldn't be! I went to Regionals as dance captain, I'm the one that basically got us to Regionals at the final Qualifier! But as I'm dancing, It's like I'm loosing Control and I slip up. I hope they aren't going to notice.

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I feel really bad for Skylar. But we need the best in order to get to Nationals. So I don't think she'll be winning this.

~~~

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm dancing really well right now! Nothing is going to stop me getting this team victory! I've put a lot of my best tricks and dance moves in this so it better win out!

"Alright. I've decided that Ella is going to be doing the Solo at the Wildcard Competition!" Kate announced. She was very disappointed with Skylars performance but could tell she was nervous...

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm walking into studio A and both teams are together and celebrating. Did I miss something?

"Hey. What's been going on?" He asked Riley. "We've just selected which dancers are doing what for the competition. Where have you been?" She asked.

"I've been around..."

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I can't believe that no one even thought to tell me about the auditions for the spots for the Wildcard Team. I have been way to Preoccupied lately. I need to get my priorities straight!

Next time - A troupe prepares for the competition, the Gemini team returns but what for?

So what did you think? COMMENT & VOTE if you enjoyed this chapter! Thnaks!