21. Switch Up

*Continuation From Last Chapter*

The stage lights and the blank stage canvas at the back suddenly came alive and the music kicked in and Ella began to dance. Her solo was accompanied by Red and Blue lights illuminating the stage out of the darkness it was in just seconds earlier.

Ella (Contemporary dancer) POV -
I'm dancing really well right now. I've got each and every move down and correct to the beat and the audience is loving it. But it's up to the judges for this one.

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Now that it pure contemporary.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
She is doing really well right now. If we all dance like this, I think we could be taking the Last Spot at Nationals.

'THE JUDGES HAVE TABULATED THEIR SCORES, THE NEXT STEP SCORES... 92 POINTS!'

Riley (Co-Studio Head) POV -
WE WON!... Well not yet officially. It's as if we lost so many times since internationals it's become a shock to me that we can actually do well.

Ella (Contemporary dancer) POV -
I'm really happy with 92 points. I just hope that the next team doesn't score higher than me or we are cut from the competition immediately.

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Now that is a solid performance from the next step! Are they back and ready to win?
But they aren't safe yet as CDC takes to the stage...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Welcome Back to the Absolute Nationals Wildcard Competition and we're just going into the Duet round of the competition and we have seen some very deserving places so far....

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
So CDC scored 87 points and we advanced into the next round which I'm really happy about because that means that Michelle and I will be dancing next. But all the duets have been called to this back room as the judges want to talk to us.

"As you know you all had to prepare a Duet for this next round. But you didn't know of this next Twsit that was going to come once you made it in....

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
The Judges are really intense... I'm not sure if this is to throw us of or something.

"Each Duet Will partner up a dancer from another Studio." They explained, causing all of the dancers in the room to fall into deep shock and confusion.

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
What? This is absolutely crazy! We have to dance a duet with another dancer?

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I really don't know how this is going to work out... But we have to tell Kate and the others as soon as possible!

The Next Step - Studio A

"Alright dancers. I just want to let you know that Ella made it past the first round and Alfie and Michelle will dancing soon" James announced to the rest of A troupe who were practising their own thing in the studio. "That's amazing!" The voice of Amanda said as she entered the studio.

"Oh hey Amanda, What are you doing Here?" James asked, "Oh I'm just coming to visit you all. If that's alright?" She asked, James didn't seem to think that anything was wrong with that and he agreed to let her stay.

James (Rileys Boyfriend) POV -
I've noticed that Noah doesn't look to impressed to see Amanda coming into the studio. I want to find out what's going on here.

Nationals Wildcard Competition

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Alfie and Michelle have just come back from the meeting and I'm shocked. One of the has to pair up with another dancer, how is that going to work,  and who is going to be dancing? Alfie, or Michelle?

"We need to start thinking about who is going to dancing? So Michelle or Alfie? Who is going to be?" Kate asked. They both looked at each other with hard hitting looks, both Michelle and Alfie wanted to dance in the duet round. "I'll step down"  Alfie said nobley.

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
I offer to step down because Michelle hasn't had it easy in a long time. She was an alternate at internationals, she didn't dance at the qualifiers for Regionals. And then she fainted and missed out on the solo at the competition. So this is her time I think.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Alfie stepping down to let me dance is honestly really sweet. I won't let my team down!

A few minutes later, a dancer from another Team came over to A troupe and introduced themselves. "Hi. I'm Claire, I'm partnerd with the next step"  She said. Next Michelle introduced herself, "Oh, I'm Michelle. I'll be dancing with you" She offered a handshake.

"I honestly think we should just freestyle." Claire suggested, there was no way they could come up with an amazing duet in such a short period of time. "Sure. Alright then, but so you know I dance contemporary" Michelle explained, "Oh I'm Jazz dancer"  Claire said.

Riley (Co-Studio Head) POV -
The fact the same dance styles are  the same as in the original duet is quite useful. That could come in handy.

2. Hours Later

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Welcome Back to the Absolute Dance National Wildcard Competition and we're just coming to the end of the Duet round with only 4 duets left to see.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Claire and I are just about to get out on and I really hope that we won't loose it for my team.

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
Even though I'm not dancing today, I still feel like I helped the team. But i just hope that we can do this! Freestyle at this point could risk everything, but I trust in Michelle.

'COULD DANCERS 5 AND 12 PLEASE TAKE THE STAGE?'

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so excited to get out on stage right now! I've been waiting for this since ages and its my time to prove to everyone, I'm a good dancer and The Next Step really is the best! We can do this!

Claire and Michelle both went out onto the stage, and the audience was cheering and applauding already. It was time to make the Trio round and finally be up for consideration for the Wildcard Spot at Nationals!

Next time - A troupe learns their fate. Amanda broaches Noah about her future.

So what do you think? I know this chapter seems a bit rushed but I promised a chapter later in the evening so here it is. COMMENT & VOTE if you enjoyed! Thanks!