8. The Game Belongs To Me/Us

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I've coming to the studio today and we're going to the picking whoever is going to be represent our team in the Solo competition.

Michelle (Co-Captain) POV -
The solo competition is basically something that Kate signed the studio up for since we lost Regionals. Both My & Emily's team have to have a Soloist represent us and we all have to create the Choreography. This is the perfect way for us to start working as a team!

All of Michelle's group had assembled in studio A, They were ready to become the best and score more points then Emily's team. "Alright, So I spoke to Miss Kate and we get studio A today while Emily's team is in studio B" Michelle explained, "It's time to start getting ready for the competition -

Hollie (Modern Dancer) POV -
The Competition is nothing like the scale of of Nationals, but I'd be open to representing A troupe I think.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I'm coming into studio A to talk to Michelle and her team.

"Guys I have just wanted to tell you that the Solo Competition is in two weeks so you have that amount of time to prepare for it - I also need the name of which dancer is going to perform so I can submit our studio" Kate explained, the left the room the go and tell Emily the same thing.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
We need to get this sorted... ASAP!

Studio B

"Go 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8 & . . . . 2...3...4...5...6...7...8, Good!"

Emily (Co-Captain) POV -
I'm in studio B with my team and we're going over the solo that is going to be performed by one of the new girls, Zara. She is a very strong dancer and I know that her old studio went to internationals a few years back its great to have a fresh face representing the team.

"Alright dancers, how's it going in here?" Kate asked, entering the studio in a jolly sate. To Emily, the smile on Kates face indicated that her team was already doing better than Michelle's. "It's going really well, we have got our Soloist and it's going to be Zara" Emily explained.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I'm really impressed with this team right now, they are together, working as one and have their Soloist all picked out.

Emily (Co-Captain) POV -
If this is a competition, I'm sure my team is winning.

Gemini Studio

Over at the Gemini teams studio. They were already practising for Nationals, but it was as if they had some agenda against the next step because they seemed to be keeping tabs on them, "Oh look" One of the twins said, "The Next Step is down on the solo completion list" The other twin came closer to the computer. "Send of two applications for us under team Gemini... Thank you" The second twin said to his brother.

Unknown (Gemini Dancer) POV -
The Next Step is about to get the next taste it what team Gemini can do!

The Next Step - Studio A

"No! I'm going to be the Soloist!"
"You have to pick me, I'm your friend here!"
"It's needs to be a Hiphop dancer, pick me!"
"Stop it all of you!"

Michelle (Co-Captain) POV -
I'm very stressed at the moment. I can't seem to control A troupe and we have a lot to deal with at the moment. Everyone is yelling about what should happen and I can't even here myself think straight.

"Can you all just calm down!?" Michelle yelled, finaly managing to bring silence to the room. "This is another reason why the next step was NOT successful at Regionals. We kept yelling and disagreeing with what the studio head said" Alfie spoke up, sticking up for Michelle. She smiled, "Michelle is not the head of the studio, but she our captain and we have to listen to her - So Michelle, who's representing our team?" Alfie asked, speaking for everyone when he said that.

Michelle (Co-Captain) POV -
I don't know who the solo is going to?!?!

"Um... The solo is going to... Richelle" She announced, the acro dancer smiled. "Great, thanks. I won't let you down" She said, looking around at her team mates at the same time.

Richelle (Acro dancer) POV -
I'm great full that I'm going to the solo competition... I would say that it's good practice for Nationals, but then I remembered. We're not going...

The Office / Studio A

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I just got an email from Solo competition people confirming that The Next Step is competing and they also send me the list of studio that are competiting. I can't believe that the Gemini team is coming. They didn't even make the official list, as they are Regionals winners they crossed another team off just so they could compete!

"Hey guys can you stop for a second?" Kate asked, running into studio A rather flustered. "Noah, can you get the others please?" Kate asked, He did and she waited patiently for them to all come to the studio. "Great, now that your all here. I've just been sent the list of who is going to this competition and I just found out that The Gemini team will be attending!"

Michelle (Co-Captain) POV -
Why do they need to compete? I mean they are going to Nationals! Isn't that enough.

Emily (Co-Captain) POV -
When Kate tells me that the Gemini team is coming, it's honestly not that surprising. They won Regionals and now they get the show it off and St our expense.

"Guys, I just thought I'd let you know. But don't let it worry you. I know we can do well in this" Kate said, but somehow the dancers didn't quite agree.

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
We have to do well in this, if the Gemini team beat us again its going to be humiliating!

Next time - Richelle and Zara work together to improve their Solos, but does this stir things up for A troupe as a whole?

So what do you think? The Gemini team is now going too! Comment suggestions and what you thought down below and vote if you enjoy! Thanks!