33. Snake In The Grass

"Would you calm down?!" Emily asked, She was sat down next to a very nervous and fidgety Richelle in the doctors waiting area. "I'm sorry. I just always get nervous in Medical situations" She answered, but the truth was she wasn't nervous about the fact she had an appointment, she was nervous about the fact she didn't.

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
So Emily made me book an appointment, but I didn't because my leg won't be a problem by Nationals. So why should I waste these good people's time. So right now we're just sitting here and waiting for my name to be called. But it won't be and Emily is going to get really mad.

"What time is your appointment again?" The Contemporary Dancer asked, She was getting very restless. "We're going to Miss all of A troupe rehearsal at this rate" Emily cussed, "No it is fine. It's only small group rehearsals and then Michelle has the studio all afternoon" Richelle answered. A few seconds later, another name was called and it wasn't Richelles.

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
I am in so much trouble!

The Next Step - Studio A

"and go 1,2,3,4 5,6,7,8" Kate said slowly.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Right now I'm going over the small group with the team and its come together really well, except one thing: Alfie is newly appointed to the ground and has missed the rehearsal. So we haven't had a rehearsal with the correct amount of dancers.

"Okay we'll just leave it there. Has anyone seen Alfie today or heard from Him?" The studio owner asked, but the team were just as oblivious as her about his whereabouts. "No. I've not seen him all day" Ella spoke up, not to long before the other dancers agreed with her.

Ella (Contemporary dancer) POV -
Alfie missing our rehearsal is really annoying as we have to get this ready, Nationals is only a few weeks away and we're no way ready to compete with this routine.

"Well those of you who are here, you did a great job so take a 15 minute break then we'll go over it again, and we'll see if Alfie will get back here" She said, the dancers all headed for their water bottles down by the floor and on the benches while Kate returned to the office. She wants best pleased about Alfie.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I gave Alfie a great opportunity to dance at Nationals and now he's missing rehearsals? If this happens again then I'm going to take him off the small group!

Gemini Dance Studio

Alfie was at the Gemini dance studio, going over the small group for the Nationals' Gemini small group routine. "That's good!" The Gemini twins said as they came out of the office. "What's the status of The Next Step?" The first twin asked, Alfie left the dancers in the dance space and headed over to where the twins were standing. "I'm going to start messing now" Alfie said.

Twin 1 (Gemini Dancer) POV -
Alfie needs to start messing with the next step so he can come back and we can start preparing for Nationals.

"Im going to destroy them. And even if they do make it to Nationals. I'm going to make sure that they don't win!" Alfie said, both twins and Alfie began to laugh at that. "Remember to use all of our middle names for the list you have to submit to the Nationals board" Alfie said, "Of course. We won't forget!"

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
We have to use all our middle names because...actually no. I can't say anything. We don't want to ruin any of our chances! This is going to be great.

Toronto Medical Centre

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
We have been sat here for ages and Richelle still hasn't had her appointment! Don't they understand that we're on a schedule. I'm going to sort this out.

"Alright. I'm going to talk to the receptionist!" Emily began, putting her magazine to one side and standing up. "This is ridiculous!" She added, Richelle began to panic. If Emily found out she didn't have an appointment, She would most definitely tell Miss Kate. Richelle had to take think fast -

"Richelle?" Richelle said, plucking her nose to gain a different sound on her voice. "Oh look thats me back in a minute!" The dance Captain said, Richelle scuttled of down a corridor and didn't come back for around 10 minutes, was she going to fool Emily?

~~~

"So are you done?" Emily asked, Richelle came back over to her In the waiting area with a smile on her face. "Yeah, I've got to have an X- ray in two weeks but she said I will most likely be definitely be able to dance at Nationals!" Richelle said excitedly. Emily began to smile too, "That's amazing. Now let's get out here!

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
I'm so happy Emily didn't find out, but I see now that i should get my leg seen to. I can't tell anyone about it so next time I'm going to come to the doctor on my own.

The Next Step - Studio A

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Rehearsals are finished. Alfie didn't even come to the studio today and I'm very disappointed in his unprofessional behaviour! This is not what I expected from him!

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
I'm coming into the next step after my Gemini rehearsal, I know I missed rehearsal but I'm going to make it up to the Kate whilst destroying A troupes chances of winning Nationals!

"So you decide to come in now?" Kate asked, very disappointed. "Alfie we're talking about Nationals here! If you have any can't commit to A troupe rehearsal then I'm sorry, but we don't have any time to waste! Nationals is right around the corner and we can't be skyving!" Kate yelled.

"I've thought about it and I'm sorry, but I'm making you an alternate for Nationals" The studio owner announced. But this was no big deal to alfie deep down.

Alfie (Jazz Dancer) POV -
So I'm an alternate? Big deal, but this means that I'm going to have to change my plans... Just a little!

Next time - A troupe is told about the alternate dancers, Alfie is ready to mess with A troupe!

So what did you think? Why does Alfie have and the twins have to have different names for the list? And now Alfie is an Alternate?! COMMENT & VOTE theories and hope you enjoyed!