37. Pass The Blame

"Go 5,6,7,8 and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Right now I'm just teaching the Semifinals Choreography to the team. Ever since Daniel went on the tour with Thalia and Amy, we've had no luck in finding a replacement. I asked Phoebe and she's to busy in Dubi teaching the Dolphins competitive yoga so I have to adapt to the situation which is me teaching all of the routines. It's to late in the season to looks for a Choreographer now so I'm going to look after Nationals.

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
It is as if no time as all has past since I was last on A troupe. I'm slotting back in swiftly and everything is just amazing. I'm really looking forward to Nationals with these guys.

"Great Job picking up the Choreography Amanda" Kate smiled, walking slow paced around the dancers and they went over the dance. After a few more minutes Kate called all the dancers over as she had an announcement to make to them all. "I got a letter from the Nationals board explaining two new rules"

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Apparently only one costume or set of costumes can be used per round, and If you break that rule you'll be disqualified. But if you dance without a costume you'll get minus points before you even start dancing.

"Plus, the costumes are due to be arriving today! So that's exciting right?" Kate smiled, putting the letter to one side. Alfie was already conspiring another plan to mess with A troupe in his head, he knew all about Amanda and her scheming ways with the costume last time. Could he use that to his advantage? Or was that to predictable?

Toronto Medical Centre

"Thank you..."
"So how bad do you think it is?"

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
For the sake of the team, I decided to book an appointment with my doctor about my leg, so I'm here after rehearsals to see what they think about it.

"Well. Without significant tests we can't diagnose you" Doctor Thomas explained, she had just given Richelle and ultrasound but that wasn't enough to fully diagnose her. "I'm going to book you in for an MRI scan. The earliest appointment we can give you is the end of April" She explained.

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
This is just terrible. Nationals is going to be finished by then. I don't know what to do now.

The Next Step - Studio A

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
The costume just arrived and they were on my desk. It went out for one second and the costumes are gone. This cannot seriously be happening again!

The Studio Head marched out into the space where dancers were all showing off tricks and moves they could do while they waited for the next rehearsal period to begin. But they could tell something was up as soon as Kate got closer to them. "Miss Kate. What's the matter?" Ella asked, getting out of her left split and standing up.

"I don't know who's idea it was, or if it was a little prank or something but. Haha the joke is one! Where are the costumes?" She asked, this made A troupe worried, "What do you mean? Have they been stolen?" Piper asked, getting really concerned. Kate nodded to her.

Piper (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Our costumes have been stolen? Who could want to steal our costumes right before Nationals? The Geminis? This is really not good!

"Well what are we going to do? We need costumes for Nationals" Alfie said, deep down he couldn't care less about the costume. Very soon he was going to be leaving them so it wasn't on the list of his priorities. "Well, I'll check the changing rooms. Noah and Amanda can check the bins. Emily James and Michelle can do the lounge and Richelle.... Where is Richelle?" Alfie asked.

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
walking into the studio after my doctors appointment and everyone is looking at me. I can only assume that something is going on and it isn't good, maybe they know where I've been I don't know.

"Hi guys. What's going on?" The Dance Captain asked, at first the team all stood in silence for a few moments before Kate replied. "Richelle. Office. Now!" Kate replied bluntly, already walking into the office to talk more privately. Richelle exchanged looks of confusion with the rest of team as she walked in.

~~~

"Richelle where have you been?"

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
I'm anxious about this situation because do I tell her I was at the doctors about my leg or lie about it... Or do I do both?

"Because all of the other dancers where in the studio at the time the costumes could have been taken." Kate explained, but quickly realising there was no evidence for that. "Actually no don't worry. I'll find them myself. Go get rehearsing" She said, huffing under her breath and getting on the phone to the costume company.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I can't pass the blame like this. I'm the head of the studio, I can't just accuse my dancers so I have to sort this problem out.

~~~

"Richelle. Did you see anything suspicious on your way here?" Michelle asked, "Our costumes have been stolen... Again and not by me this time!" Amanda spoke up. Everyone knew that Amanda had a history with the studio, but she wanted to make it clear we wouldn't do anything to hurt them. "Look Amanda we know it's not you. It's your first day back"

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so nervous for the team. It's my first day back at the studio and things are falling apart.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I've Just got off the phone to the costume company. They did send the costume and nothing has Ben reported to them, so it's someone we know. I don't know how we are going to play this one. We're so close to Nationals for this to happen...

Next time - A troupe is preparing for the competition but the costumes still aren't there.

So what did you think? Who has taken the costumes? COMMENT & VOTE if you enjoyed, thank you!