47. Pressure (Nationals)

'... This dance is on fire and we now own the world...!'

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
These' Next Step Dancers look very connected to each other. You can tell they all have fantastic Chemistry!

"This is Fantastic!"
"You guys are killing it out there!!"
"Whoooo!"

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so proud of all of them, each one is killing it out on the stage, we've got this in the bag!

Emily (Alternate) POV -
I'm so proud of my sister and all of them. She's an incredible dancer, I know she can get this win for us.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
It's going well, but we have to see what the judges think about it, but I'm really confident about this round!

The four dancers got into their ending positions at the edge of the stage as the music ended. CDC still had to perform but A troupe were still celebrating as if they had already made the next round. Each and every one was smiling, the dance had gone amazingly.

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
Dancing the 4 Person Dance at Nationals was always special to me, especially because it was my first and last time dancing on that stage.

Noah (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
As we're walking off stage, I see Richelle limping, and then she screams and falls to the to floor... All I know is that this is not good at all!

Richelle (Dance Captain) POV -
My leg must have finally given way because I get this sharp pain all down my leg, it pops and I can't walk or anything... It hurts to bad that I yell in pain.

"Oh my gosh I think she's injured!" Emily gasped in shock, and guilt. She knew about Richelles injury and should have pushed harder to get treatment "What??!!" Kate hissed, not in anger, but pure shock of the situation.

They got Richelle off stage and into the wings as CDC performed their dance. This problem was giving the team clear flashbacks to when Emily hurt her knee in the Semifinals last year. "What's wrong Richelle? Where did you hurt yourself?!" Kate asked, this time there was no backing out. Richelle knew she had to fess up.

"I hurt my leg at the auditions for A troupe early in the year, I think I pulled a muscle" She admitted, Richelle looked so defeatist when saying all of this. "I'm sorry, but if we advance to the Semifinals. I don't think i can dance" She said, tears beginning to stream down her face.

"Don't say that. We're going to get a physio therapist in to take a look at your leg. But Emily, if Richelle can't dance. Can you dance in her place?" Kate asked, all eyes looked down on Emily. She nodded slowly, this was her job as alternate, and she wanted to be their for the team...

The Dressing Room

James (Break Dancer) POV -
Right now we're waiting for the physio therapist to give the verdict on Richelle. We advanced on into the next round so we have to see if she can dance with us. Otherwise it's all down to Emily to step up and that's a lot of pressure.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so nervous right now because if Richelle doesn't get the all clear then I have to dance in her space. I haven't rehearsed this dance in a long, long time.

"Finally" Kate sighed as the therapist came into the room. Richelle and the therapist spoke for a few minutes before he have a diagnosis. "I'd recommend that Richelle is taken to a hospital right away. I suspect a grade 4 hamstring avulsion" He explained, expressing his worry. "I'm sorry, You won't be dancing in the competition" He turned to Richelle and said.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I'm sorry for Richelle. I'll go with her to the hospital, and Emily will replace her in the rest of the competition. It may seem harsh that we are moving on without her, but A troupe has to win Nationals! And this is the only way.

Absolute Dance Nationals
Auditorium

"Please give it up to our male soloists!"

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
With Richelle and Kate at the hospital, the rest of us have come to the award ceremony before the rest of the competition. As Noah tied with his competitor in the male solo round, he hasn't been nominated. So we're now waiting for Michelles award.

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Our nominees for Female Solo are:
1) Sarah from Joanne Chapman School of Dance!
2) Carrie from the new comers team Gemini!
3)and from our reigning National Champions, two time miss National Soloist Michelle!

"In third place we have: Sarah from Joanne Chapman School of dance!" The representative announced, the audience cheered as she collected her award. "In second place we have carrie from team Gemini!"

Amanda (Contemporary Dancer ) POV -
When Gemini is announced second, this is great because Michelle is Miss National Soloist 3 years running!

"And In First Place, Michelle from the next step!"

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm so happy! I can't believe I'm Miss National Soloist 3 years running! This is fantastic!

Michelle collected her award and ran off back to the wings. A troupe congratulated her but the announcement of the small group awards cut their celebrations short : 'Gemini!'

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Our small group didn't get nominated, but I'm really happy Michelle came first in the miss National Soloist category.

"Alright team. It's time to focus on the Semifinals!" Michelle began, putting her award aside and focusing on the competition. With no Kate or Richelle, Michelle thought she'd take charge as the most experienced dancer until Kates return. "We all now know that Emily will be dancing in the Semifinals, so we have to start getting her to rehearsal and then tee all need to go get into costume!"

"Deal?" She asked, gathering A troupes support, they all put their hands in and chanted 'The Next Step'.  They had to win, for Kate and Richelle as well as themselves. It was up to them.

Emily (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
A year later, it's time to dance in the Semifinals, finally!

Next time - A troupe Dances in the Semifinals, Kate has still not returned and one dancer risks the competition.

So what did you think? Will they win the Semifinals? Comment and vote if you're not enjoyed! Thanks