20. It All Comes Down To This

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
We are arriving at the Wildcard Competition right now and I'm just really, really excited! If we win today we will be able to go to Nationals and I'm sure that we're gonna to well here!

Riley (Co-Studio Head) POV -
The Nationals Wildcard Competition does remind me of Regionals a lot because there is 32 teams competing and 3 rounds. It's also going to have an audience in the theatre. This isn't like a Regionals qualifier in a small space, this is full out competition and we have to win!

"Ok, I've got us registrated and I really think that we should...."

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Which is interesting because there has never been a Wildcard Spot at The National level in this series of competitions before so I'm keen to find out who it will work.

Riley (Co-Studio Head) POV -
We're just about to have a team talk when we look over and see the television reporters that cover Regionals, Nationals and internationals. Now that this is going to be online & Some TV networks. It's just really intimidating.

A troupe turned their focus away from the interview that was going on a few feet away from them. "Okay team, let's go win the Wildcard Spot for Nationals!" they all put their hands in and chanted The Next Step. The team was finally in competition mode, and wouldn't let anything get in their way of winning.

The Next Step - Studio A/Office

James (Rileys Boyfriend) POV -
Today Miss Kate, Riley and the Wildcard team have gone to the competition and they asked me to watch over the studio while they were away with Daniel, and honestly.  It's actually great. But I do have to get some rehearsals under way so I head out to talk to the team -

"yo guys! What's going on? You know what, don't even worry about it. I'm sure whatever it is, it will be fine!" He said joyfully. This was typical James behaviour, "Riley just texted. She said they have just started the first round and Ella is ready and waiting to get out on Stage" He smiled, he turned to Daniel who was looking particularly board with what was going on.

James (Rileys Boyfriend) POV -
Daniel acting so weird... Is kind of weird so I'm gonna keep an eye on him. He never acts like this... Ever!

Nationals Wildcard Competition

'ASTAR DANCE THEATRE SCORES 89 POINTS!

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
... Astar Dance theatre beats Dance Horizon by an impressive 10 point win 89 over 79 so that means dance horizon will be going home unfortunately.

The Wildcard team was all assembled in the wings. Ella would be performing her solo after a few more dancers so it was time for her to be getting ready for the stage and ready to win.

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Some of the competition here is really good. But I know I'm enough to beat them and get to the duet round.

'ART & SOUL PLEASE TAKE THE STAGE!'

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Art & soul I do know of actually, I did see them at Regionals at last year but I guess they went to another Regionals this time around because i didn't see them.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
Art & Soul did Win Nationals in 2004 and did go on a loosing streak ever since then. So they aren't exactly known for being amazing, but right now they are.

"Okay Ella. So your on stage the dancer after next. So take some time warm and & get some water and everything" Kate said, making sure that everything was ready and prepared for Ella to go on stage and do her best.

"That's incredible! Did you see that?" Sloane said loudly, she was amazed by the Soloist on stage. Latroy came over to wear his girlfriend was standing and he put his hand on her shoulder.

Sloane (Latroys Girlfriend) POV -
When Latroy comes over and put his hand on my shoulder. It gets me really excited because it's been really long since I performed on stage with Latroy. It's going to be great Performaning with him on stage.

Amy (Latroys Ex - Girlfriend) POV -
Watching Sloane and Latroy is really off putting. But I just have to get through our trio today and then focus on Nationals.
Which is my main goal right now!

'SUPERSTAR DANCE PLEASE TAKE TO THE Floor!'

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm performing right after Super star dance and I'm really excited but also a little nervous. But I can't let that come across in my solo.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
I feel like, yes. Ella has proved to us that She is a part of the next step. But she is definitely someone to keep an eye on as you don't always know what she is up to. But we'll just have to see.

'THE TEAM MOVING ON INTO THE DUET ROUND IS... ART & SOUL! '

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Art & soul through to the duet round here at the absolute dance Nationals Wildcard Competition. Now the team I'm really interested to see is The Next Step as they lost to the Gemini back at Regionals straight after Internationals. It looks as if they are not for the title again because their Soloist  takes to the stage.

'COULD THE NEXT STEP PLEASE TAKE THE STAGE?'

Chuck Anderson - SNR Network
Will The Next Step make it into the duet round of this competition? Let's find out as we go to the stage.

Kate (Studio Owner) POV -
It's finaly time for Ella to dance on stage and I'm so nervous for her.

Michelle (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
I'm confident that Ella will do well.

Riley (Co - Studio Head) POV -
She's miss international soloist, I mean technically it was my solo and she did cheat... .. But she still won so I hope she can win here too.

Ella (Contemporary Dancer) POV -
Walking out onto the stage, I just get a rush and I can't wait to dance. I just hope it's enough for my team to make it through!

Next time - Ella performs, Will The Wildcard team make it to the duet round. There is a surprise shock Twsit at the competition.

So what did you think? COMMENT & VOTE if you liked the chapter! Thank you! Enjoy!
Also do you like the title banner? I made that myself for the book.