Chapter 152: Definition of Love

Mulai dari awal

What is love anyway? Is it a feeling? An experience? An emotion? One's look on love varies from person to person. Such a small word holds such a deep meaning, one that cannot be explained in words. A fondness of such special moments shared with another individual. And an attraction towards that one person, with a want to be together with them. Always and forever.

It made Todo want to gag.

Such a strong word with such various meanings, from platonic to romantic. Yet, such, a sweet-sounding word holds such destruction, similar to a beautiful rose with thorns. Love, is in fact, a force that cannot be defined by mere words. Truly, it can only be defined through actions.

But Todo didn't really believe in something he couldn't see or feel.

What does it really feel like..? Is it a nice feeling?

Todo was curious about that word. But at the same time, he didn't want to put too much thought into it. He knew what certain gestures people showed to one another whenever they were "in love", such as hand holding and looking at each other in the eyes in a way that made Todo want to gag.

Then what did he feel towards Kara and the rest then? He didn't want to hug them all the time or look at them for too long. And he considered them as family, even though they weren't related. Was it love or not?

Love is love, and that's the only thing most people say when asked about what love is. I don't fucking know.. have I even experienced that before unknowingly.. have I ever been loved-

He froze, feeling something disgusting crawl up his spine the more he thought about it.

He closed his eyes.

Okay, Todo.. when you think of the word love.. what comes to mind..

He gave it a few seconds.

..Definitely not hand-holding, nor cheesy picnics under sakura trees.

What came to mind was a dark storage room, tattered baseballs, and the disgusting stench of sweaty baseball uniforms.

Never mind. I don't wanna think about that again.

He sighed, leaving his bedroom. It was too early for this, and he had better things to do. He knocked on Kara's bedroom door exactly three times, before leaning against the door. "Osomatsu? It's Todo. If you're not awake, well.. I'm coming in."

He turned the knob and pushed the door open.

..Ah.

He didn't expect to see the other three cuddling on the bed, legs tangled with one another.

Oh god, I think I'm gonna vomit-

Osomatsu was between the two, snoring loudly and drooling, and not even ashamed of it. Both arms were occupied and around the bodies of his two younger siblings, with Jyushi on his left, and Choro on his right. Jyushi was curled up against Osomatsu's body, while Choro's head was on the eldest Matsu's chest. Thankfully, Jyushi and Choro were mostly quiet, but weird noises accompanied Osomatsu's snores, and it freaked the pink-eyed devil out. Mainly because he didn't know what they were.

Were those noises from his mouth- was that a bubble on Osomatsu's nose? Made entirely out of snot?

That's it, I'm gonna hurl-

Osomatsu made a loud snore, and suddenly, the bubble from his nose popped. Todo screamed internally at how disgusting it was, and he died a bit inside when Osomatsu removed the arm he had around Jyushi to wipe the snot off his nose. "Eh, ah, wha-? Oh! G'morning, Tot-"