Chapter 67: The Red Rose

The group of five rushed into the lobby, and they were surprised that there were suddenly more people, every single one of them wearing formal attire and masks. Jyushi was currently being carried by Ichi, after the latter had suggested it would be better than to watch Jyushi stumble as he tried to catch up to them, but the other three were sure that Ichi just suggested such a thing mainly because he missed having to baby his little brother. Made sense, since they hadn't seen each other for a few days. Jyushi didn't seem to mind, since he was brightly smiling while his older brother carried him with a stoic expression. It was a hilarious sight, and if Osomatsu's phone had a camera option, he would have taken a picture and sent it to Choromatsu.

But it was nice to see Ichi truly have kindness in him, something that Osomatsu doubted at first. Even if Ichi was an alternate version of his brother, Osomatsu knew it was possible for Ichi to be someone like Oso, who had practically teamed up with Kami to throw Osomatsu in this dimension. But seeing Jyushi's happiness bring out the kind side of Ichi so easily..

There might be a chance that the other me isn't evil at all.

Lonely was at the top of the stairs, in the middle and standing in front of a painting of what seemed to be an older version of Ichi. Osomatsu, Todo, and Kara briefly wondered if that was Ichi's ancestor.. or perhaps, father? Nonetheless, the painful man known as Lonely continued to blabber on and pace around, with he guests seemingly enthralled by his flashiness. But who wouldn't, Osomatsu asked himself with a frown. Lonely was too damn flashy for his own good, and not even the mask could block his flashiness. The fact that Lonely had the lights turned off and somehow got a spotlight wasn't helping.

"I cannot express my gratitude for all of you managing to make it in time for this wonderful party to happen! Why don't you all give yourselves a round of applause for being here?" That statement was followed by the clapping of the guests, with Jyushi joining by clapping his sleeves together enthusiastically, and Kara and Todo awkwardly clapping. Ichi was glad to have a reason to not do so, considering he was holding Jyushi, but Osomatsu kept his arms crossed. "This party is meant to gather all of you and leave this mansion with a smile on your face! How stressful it must be, living the same life over and over, stressed and only focused on work for the next day. I intend to lessen the burdens of my beloved guests, which are all of you!"

Todo shuddered. The painfulness Lonely was emitting was honestly getting under his skin. Osomatsu had to stifle a giggle, but Todo was sure Osomatsu was just laughing at Lonely's speech. Kara closed his eyes and hummed, trying to distract himself from Lonely's painful performance. Ichi was now murmuring something to Jyushi, in which the younger brother nodded his head to. Even the Suuji Brothers weren't listening! Lonely intended to lessen their burdens? The entire party was a burden to begin with!

Okay, he does make it sound rather nice, but the fact that he mixed this party with the plan to capture some sort of psycho doesn't make this sound any sweeter.

"Tell me, how many times does a person get frustrated in one day? To live through a single day without a single problem or worry must be fun and relaxing, you are all thinking. Hm, it certainly must be! But worries are a part of every day life, and sometimes, they teach us lessons. Time management and learning to do one's work on time, for example! Ah, but fussing over every single thing is just so tiresome! Teaching us what we already know if just irritating, is it not?" He emphasized his point by stomping his foot in irritation. The audience didn't seem to be cringing from Lonely's painfulness, merely thinking it's just an act. "And I intend to make you all forget your worries! As soon as you stepped in the manor, you have left all your worries outside! I will shoo them away for the time being, but be sure to enjoy yourselves! Who knows.. you might make a friend! Now won't that lessen your worries by a bit?"