Chapter 89: The Black Knight

"You think those two are alright? Ichi and Lonely, I mean." Kara asked meekly, holding onto Todo's hand as they followed after Oso. Sure, it might be weird to see a grown man such as Kara holding someone's hand, but they were literally in another world, which was also the mental state of one of their brothers. Besides the fact that it was creepy all on it's own, Kara absolutely needed comfort right now. And what better comfort could he receive than one from his edgy childhood friend? "I'm a bit worried for Ichi, especially. Didn't he look in pain earlier?"

"He did. It's like he was having a headache." No use sugar-coating that fact, Todo thought, keeping his grip on his best friend tight. The fact that gravity did not exist in this world meant it was going to be hard for them to face any upcoming dangers, if there were any. Todo was used to kicking his enemies, but this world made him feel as if he was floating on water; it slowed down his movements, meaning Todo was at a disadvantage if something were to attack them in this world. "We can only hope he gets better soon. I mean, we're so close to saving Jyushi, right? Hopefully, this night finally ends once we do that.. this has been a rather hectic party, and we only met Osomatsu-niisan last week. I can't believe we got involved in this much dimensional bullshit in only a few days. Fucking hell."

I didn't sign up for this much bullshit since I joined that yakuza group weeks ago. Damn you, Tougou.

Never in his life had Katsuna Todo expected that he'd be dragged into something like this. He knew he was a magnet for trouble, an unlucky child, but damn, Osomatsu was even more unlucky than him. Not only did he have anything from every corner trying to kill him and the people around him, but he also had to keep every single one of them, the alternate versions of his brothers, safe, so he could get back home. Osomatsu was truly the unluckiest one in their group. Not only that, but Todo's ex-boss, Tougou, also happened to be the true leader of the yakuza group that recently disbanded due to Atsushi's death.

"Well.." Kara spoke up again. Maybe he sensed the aura of worry that Todo was emitting? Kara was the one who was good at reading people, almost like a parent. "We decided to join this hunt of his willingly, correct? It's only fair we help him with his burdens."

Kara, bless your pure soul for not noticing that we are practically the burdens that Osomatsu-niisan has to carry around.

Well.. he could blame Todomatsu's memories for making him want to help Osomatsu, despite the fact that this was dangerous. As long as Kara was okay, at least. "Yeah.. you're right."

As Kara and Todo continued their chat, Oso remained silent and focused on finding Jyushi, and possibly, Tougou. Oso couldn't help but feel something was off, almost as if he regretted leaving Lonely with Ichi. But he had no time to worry, as he lead the way to Kara and Todo. The only thing he could do was to silently pray that nothing bad would happen to those two. He could feel they were getting closer, and as he floated, he closed his eyes and took deep breaths, trying to contact Jyushi.

Can you hear me, Jyushi? I think we're getting close to where you are right now. You just have to hold on a bit longer. And then we'll save you from Tougou. I promised that, didn't I? ..Are you alright, Jyushi?

He waited for a reply. Nothing. Oso opened his eyes, before closing them again and trying again.

Jyushi? Are you alright? Please reply. I'm rather worried.

Again, there was nothing.

Oso was growing worried as he opened his eyes, a hundred possibilities in his head. "You two.." He turned back to Kara and Todo, who had now stopped talking once he called out to them. "Stay alert.. I sense.. there's something wrong.." Could Tougou be doing something? This was the Monochrome Dreamland, where nightmares could come true if Tougou managed to get under Jyushi's skin and pushed the right buttons. Not literally though, Oso thought with a scowl. "..The world.. is breaking apart.. which must mean.. Tougou did something.. to break Jyushi's mind.."