Chapter 24: Winter Holiday

With everything going on in only three days, Osomatsu could have prepared for the worst or at least expected a hole to rip open in the sky and swallow them whole. Two days ago, he arrived at the city after being told he was from another dimension, and had met an alternate version of Karamatsu in the afternoon. Yesterday, he nearly got murdered by the alternate version of his youngest brother at the morning and Todo's supposed boss at the night, who got killed because he tried to shoot Osomatsu straight at the forehead. Today, just an hour ago, he and the four of his companions just sneaked in Akatsuka City's most successful building and found out that Ichimatsu, of all brothers, was the president of Flag Corporation.

Also, his little brother, who was apparently only the alternate Ichimatsu's brother, was just sitting on his bed with his sleeve covered hand holding out a locket that showed a picture of him and his big brother. It was almost weird seeing any version of Ichimatsu with a smile, even if it was sincere. But Osomatsu could tell that the Ichimatsu of this dimension probably loves his little brother if he was willing to play with him every day, despite being a busy president for a company that was either hated or loved by many. "As I said, he's at France. He'll be back by next week, though! And he's getting me a new hat too!" He giggled, before his smile suddenly disappeared again. "How long are you planning on staying here?" Jyushi asked, glancing at the windows. It was only afternoon, but he was still curious on how long his new friends were going to hang out with him.

Staying? Oh right. They were far from where Akatsuka Apartment Complex was, so Todo and Kara would have to stay with Osomatsu, Chibita, and Iyami for the time being. They still haven't found a hotel to stay at though, and the van was still parked a few blocks away from Flag Corporation's building. Osomatsu hoped no one had hi-jacked Iyami's van, since all of their stuff was still there. At least the phone was with Osomatsu. "Iyami, are there any hotels nearby?" Osomatsu asked, turning to the con-man who was still lying at the floor dizzily. Ah, that's right. Chibita tackled him earlier to prevent him from doing his "Sheh!" gag.

"Me hasn't seen any while driving around earlier. Me was focused on finding a route to Flag Corporation, remember? And the three of you at the back were causing a ruckus, so me couldn't concentrate." Iyami croaked out. Chibita had tackled his stomach, and it had hurt. Todo only snorted at his misery, with Kara giving a scolding look at Todo for being mean to Iyami for no other reason other than to be mean-spirited. Mind you, they have only met yesterday, and they were all acting like this; a bunch of little children. Unbelievable, Osomatsu thought, completely disregarding the fact he was taunting Todo earlier as well.

Jyushi frowned. Not because of how childish and mean Todo was acting towards Iyami, but because he wanted his new friends to be near the building so he could at least play with them everyday until his big brother Ichi comes back from France. Hatabou and Dekapan would probably be too busy to play with him, and so would Fuyu and Yuki! Besides, it was a two-hour drive just to get back on the same street as Sutabaa! "That's not good! I'll ask anyone if there's a hotel near the building then! It'll be a hassle for you to drive here everyday just so we can hang out!" Jyushi cried, pressing the locket close to his chest. "I thought I was gonna be very lonely today, that's why I wanted to visit Todo-san earlier! That's why I was so happy when Todo-san visited instead, and with four new friends.."

So he's lonely. Especially without the other Ichimatsu around.. he's not that different from Jyushimatsu at all.

Osomatsu smiled at him, giving him a light tap on the shoulder. "Well, you won't have to be lonely with us around, you know? C'mon, turn that frown upside-down, buddy." He grabbed both sides of Jyushi's face, proceeding to squish his face and causing his younger brother to suddenly giggle. "Don't frown. Otherwise, I'll squish your face 'til your bro comes home from France. Squish." Though he said that with a nonchalant tone and a blank face, that only cause Jyushi to giggle more. "Squishy, squishy, squishy. Look at you. What's with the squishy cheeks? Squish." Jyushi's sleeved hands grabbed Osomatsu's, who were still holding onto his cheeks. "So, you'll smile now? No more frowning? Can you smile for your friends?"