Chapter 77: The Black Queen's Melody

The fact that they've split up isn't helping Hana at all. Nope. When they came across two separate hallways, Chibita and Yuki thought it'd be best if they split up and investigate. So while Iyami and Yuki went together, so did Chibita and Hana. But now, they were utterly hopeless, because they just lost contact of Dekapan, dumped the useless pair of headphones, and they're both probably going to be lost inside the mansion for all eternity. Well, that was an overstatement. Maybe not for eternity, since they could always jump out a window, but in a maze-like manor like this, things were only going to get worst and worst.

"Which room are we in again?" Hana mumbled from behind Chibita, looking around. The room was, like any other room in the entire damn mansion, dark as hell. The curtains were ripped, newspapers and books were scattered across the damn floor, that was probably a broken flower pot on the corner, and there was a dark spot of something on the wall. "Geez, the president's old mansion is a mess! We have Lonely to thank for that! Plus, it's a maze, couldn't Lonely have at least posted signs or directions?! Unbelievable! Did he honestly think we can do this on our own?! Especially since this is our first time here! I'm gonna crush that guy's spine once we see him again! This is unacceptable, letting us act as spies, when we don't even know the place ourselves!"

As Hana continued to rant near the door, Chibita looked around the room and walked around. He approached the dark stain on the wall and scrunched his nose. "Smells a bit fishy.. argh, literally." Actually, scratch that. It smelled worse than freshly caught fish and anything else Chibita had smelled in his entire life, including his sweaty-ass towel after working at the oden stand. Whatever it was, Chibita didn't like it. Using a flashlight would have been easier to identify the stain, but they didn't have that right now. It wasn't their fault for not packing flashlights, no one expected that Lonely would shut off all the lights. And for what, his flashy entrance earlier? The world was full of idiots, and Lonely just seemed to be one of them.

Chibita spotted a small journal on the desk that wasn't too far from the stain on the wall. He picked it up and flipped through the pages out of curiosity, wondering why such a dusty book was on the desk while the others were on the floor. He stopped at a certain page, upon realizing there was a bookmark. Hana finally walked over to him upon realizing that he wasn't listening to her ramblings, but instead, was focused on some dusty journal she picked up. "What 'cha got there? A journal?"

"A dusty one at that. I wonder who owned this.." Mumbled Chibita, as he started to read the words aloud. "Lemme read what it says.. 'I can't take it anymore. He's being completely neglectful of our sunshine, and pressuring our little prodigy into doing better, when he's clearly doing enough! This isn't good for the kids' health at all, emotionally and mentally. It was a mistake giving him chances, especially since he blew every single one of them. I'm such a fool for thinking he would change, especially after I refused to follow his family's tradition. I'm thinking of a divorce, and I'm taking the kids with me. I'll tell him tomorrow, I guess. After.. lunch. Yeah, I'll do that. I'll tell him after lunch, once the kids finish up and go play. This is something that shouldn't be discussed when children are around. This concludes my entry for the day.' What the hell?! Who wrote this, damn it?!"

Hana snatched the book away from Chibita and held it over her head. Chibita was shorter, so she was able to use her hand to keep him away from grabbing the book from her. "Oi, oi! Hold still, short stuff! I'm trying to read.. ah, there we go! 'I just told him. He was furious. I decided to leave his study and stay in mine for the time being. I told Dekapan to make sure he doesn't lay a finger on the kids for the time being. Well. I'm here in my study, wondering how do I tell my babies that I'm splitting up with their-' And that's it! This is some juicy drama right here!"

"Oi, what happened next?!" Barked out Chibita, swatting Hana's hand away from his bald head. "I wanna know what happens next, damn it!"

Hana frowned, almost as if the book had done something to offend her or her very existence. "..That's the end, unfortunately! Look at this." She flipped the next few pages in front of Chibita with a pout on her face. She wasn't happy either, with how incomplete the journal was. "The next few pages are empty! Boo! No fun!"