Chapter 34: The Black Bishop

"Please. Take a seat. I insist, jo. After all, talking about grown-up things and filing taxes is what adults do, jo."

To say Hatabou didn't like this one bit was too much of an understatement. Hatabou had to keep up a smile until he waved Jyushi goodbye. But kicking out Chibita and Iyami wouldn't do any good at all. He wouldn't break his promise with Jyushi, and he told him he would offer hospitality to both of Osomatsu's friends. So the three of them were currently at Hatabou's office, floor ninety-nine, with nice cups of tea and a nice view of the city. Not as nice as the view on Jyushi's room, but still nice.

Don't let your guard down, Chibita, this is Hatabou. He may have been a bit of a doormat as a child, but remember; he almost killed you yesterday. Absolutely do not let your guard down around him.

"What is it you want to talk about, jo?"

"You know what we want to talk about, Hatabou. It's not really that hard to figure out." Chibita frowned, leaning against the sofa and taking a sip out of his cup of tea. Iyami sat next to him, arms and legs crossed. The taller man was looking around the room, probably for anything to use as a shield of some sort. They can't be too careful around Hatabou, "How did you know Osomatsu was not our Osomatsu?"

The other individual looks at them both, dead in the eyes, almost as if he was disgusted. "His eyes, jo. His eyes are different." Hatabou took a sip from his tea, not caring it was burning his tongue. The burden of being in charge of Flag Corporation was far worse than the damage the hot liquid of "leaf water" had caused to his tongue. "They're the same color, yes, but.. his are different Our Osomatsu's eyes were always empty, jo. Dull. Dark. There was nothing in there, but it looked like it was hiding something, jo. The one you're with, however," He sets the teacup down, resting his hands on his lap. "His eyes are.. brighter. They seem full of hope and happiness, jo. Even with those eye bags under his eyes and how tired they look.. compared to our Osomatsu, he seems happy, jo."

And that isn't a bad thing.

Iyami clicked his tongue, wondering if Hatabou actually considered someone's happiness a reason to glare at the other Osomatsu with more intensity Todo had ever glared at someone in his entire life. Of course Osomatsu was happier than their Osomatsu; he had five younger brothers to play with, tease, and hang out with, compared to their Osomatsu, who was creepy, disturbing, and terribly lonely. Despite the fact he uses the term "five other losers" constantly, he knew Osomatsu cared for all his brothers deeply. That was the reason they were at this hunt in the first place. "You consider his happiness a reason to hate him?"

"He's incredibly dangerous, jo. And before I get any interruptions, I'll explain why, jo." Hatabou replied, snapping a finger. "Chiisana-san!" Within seconds, a small girl, the same height as Hatabou, entered the room with multiple folders on her small hands. She had long brown hair tied into twin tails, a blue flower resting on her hair, and the female uniform of Flag Corporation's employees. "Gentlemen, this is Chiisana Hana." Iyami and Chibita noted he dropped off his verbal tic for the time being. "My personal assistant, though she's mostly with her dear friend, assisting in the information gathering regarding individuals all around Akatsuka City and the outskirts of the city, your neighborhood included. She has only been around for a short amount of time, but alongside another employee, she is incredibly fast when it comes to research and information gathering. Chiisana-san, these are my childhood friends." He gestured to Chibita. "Tsuyoi Chibita." He then gestured to Iyami. "Shiirudo Iyami."

"Pleasure to meet you both!" She giggled, handing the files to Hatabou. "It's really hard working at Flag Corporation, but every step it took to get this position was worth it! I do hope my best friend will get her promotion soon enough, but I have to keep doing my best as well! If you need any information, don't hesitate to ask me! Oh, but do tell Shonouske-san! He is the temporary boss of the company!"