AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!!

Chapter 25

We kissed a little longer, I looked down at my watch, it was only two. He kissed me again, before I heard someone come up behind us.

"Rachel Jane Dixon! What are you doing?" That voice could only belong to one person; my mother.

"Oh, hi, Mom." I said, acting as if nothing happened.

"Rachel, what is going on here?" My mother continued to ask.

"I'm...Hanging out with Avery." I told her, making sure she didn't blow up at me.

"Hanging out doesn't have to include making out at the park. You're in public, Rachel. What do you think all these people think about you now?"

"That my mom is insane..." I mumbled to myself.

"Pardon?"

"Come over here, mom." I said, pointing to a tree, "I'll be back in a second." I said through clenched teeth down to Avery.

She took a deep breath in, "Well, I guess I can't make you move back home."

"What does that mean?" I asked, confused.

"It means that I can't make you come home. You're an adult now, Rachel. You know what's best for you, and if you think living with Avery is what's best for you and Jayden...Then I wish you the best of luck. Just know, the doors to our house are always open." My mother said, and with that, before I could respond, she walked away.

Once we got back to Avery's I had realized just how happy I was to be living with him.

"What did your mom say?" Avery asked me.

"She said that I'm an adult and I get to chose were my baby and I are living." I said proudly.

"Yeah. Rachel, don't take this the wrong way but, I think you should move back in with your parents. Since you moved in a few days ago, all we've been doing is arguing. It's like, we can't agree on anything. I think it's better for us both." Avery finished his thought, I stood there in shock.

"I think it'd be best for us both if you go back and live with your parents. Maybe we can try this again in the future." Avery said to me.

My eyes began to fill with tears, "But, this was your idea..." I said, my voice trailing off.

"I know it was. I'm realizing now, that it probably wasn't the best idea. I was thinking more in the moment, not in the future. Maybe I thought it would be better, and we could see each other all the time, but look what it's done to us. We're together all the time. It's not good for us, Ray." Avery told me, staring off into the distance.

But I guess you didn't want to put the effort into trying! You know, what would you have done if I was pregnant?" I asked, starting to get mad.

"Well, things would be different."

"What things? Other than the fact that I would have a big belly, nothing would be different! You'd probably just put more effort into the relationship for the child! I think living together opened our eyes to see the kind of person we are. Right now, I don't like what I see, Avery!" I said, lashing out.

"Rachel--"

You know what? You're right. This wasn't a good idea. Goodbye, Avery." I said, my voice shaking, my nerves shot. I didn't even look back; I didn't care about what he had to say.

"Ray, come on now!" Avery said, starting to turn around. By the time he started to say what was on his mind, I was out the door.

"What are you doing home?" My father asked, stopping me before I could run back into my room. "I thought you moved in with Avery."

"Well, we got into an argument, and I'm home. Moving in with him wasn't the best idea. I don't think we were ready for that." I said my voice turning into a whisper.

"You can't just drop everything and leave a situation every time you get mad, Rachel. I can't have you moving back and forth with Jayden. You need to pick a house, and stay there."

" Im going to stay here.Well, I'm glad you're back. If you ever need to talk to someone, come find me." My father told me.

"Thanks, Daddy." I said, pulling him into a tight hug.

Next thing i knew avery walked into my room asking if i wanted to come back I said "no beacuse i think its for the best"

I understand. But, I want you to know that if you ever change your mind, you can come and stay with me." He told me sweetly.

"Thank you, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I still love you, though." I told him, looking down at my shoes.

"I love you too. I don't like it when we argue." Avery told me, he pulled me closer to him, close enough that our lips were touching.

"I don't either." I told him, remembering something that changed everything. I tried not to let us kiss, but it was too late. We stayed together for a few seconds.

"do you ant to come back to mine for a while" avery asked

" no because i know you have slept with "her" again and dont deny it"

"Why? You know, the first time, I thought 'Okay, it was an accident, he learned his lesson', but the second time? That shows me that you still love her." I said, starting to yell.

"I don't love her, Rachel. I love you." He said, he was also starting to yell.

"You like her. You still have feelings for her. If you didn't none of this would be happening." I said, starting to calm down, or at least sound calm.

He ran his hand through his hair, "I'm sorry." Was all he said.

"Avery, I'm sorry too, but, until you get over Isabella, I don't think I can be with you." I said, sadly.

"Are you ending it?" Avery asked me, his voice starting to get shaky.

"Yeah. I am."

"What happened to forever, Ray?" He asked me sadly.

"I don't think there can be 'forever' with another girl involved."