AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!!

Chapter 13

Mr. Harrison and I only spoke to each other when we needed to. We never really had a conversation, it was just little things like 'Jayden needs her bottle,' or 'Can you run to the store?' It was never anything that great.

"She needs a nap." Mr. Harrison told me, he liked to act like he knew everything about babies.

"What makes you say that?" I questioned him.

"Look at her eyes! It's obvious! Look at her, she's about to fall asleep right here. Put her to bed."

"Fine." I said as I got Jayden ready for a nap. Mr. Harrison went downstairs.

"Look, I'm sorry I was bossy." Mr. Harrison said as I walked downstairs.

I waved my hands in front of me; I didn't want to hear it. "Stop. I don't want to listen to you talk. You're so controlling and I'm sick and tired of it. I'm going to my room, leave me alone." I told him as I walked up the stairs and slammed the door to my room.

I heard footsteps after me, and I heard Mr. Harrison barge into my room. "You don't talk to me like that. I put up with your crap all of the time." He yelled at me.

"Shut up, I'm not listening to you! You know what? Avery is better for me! He is sweet and he is caring! I think I like him more!" I yelled back at him.

"Oh, is he now? So could he take care of a baby? Could he dress up like a teenager when he is really twenty-five years old? Could he come home from work every day, and put up with your crap of an attitude?

"Look at me, and look at me now. I am sixteen years old, and got knocked up by my teacher. I didn't want you in Jayden's life in the first place. So if you--"

I was interrupted with the sound and feeling of the back of Mr. Harrison’s hand on the soft flesh of my cheek. He had back-handed me on my right side, his knuckles hit my eye. A pain shot up the right side of my face. I tried to stop myself from crying. "You're a crazy man. I'm done with you. I want Avery." I told him, my voice shaky.

"You think I'm crazy? I'm not a girl who wants to be with two guys at once!" He yelled at me, as he punched me in the eye.

"I'm leaving. I can't be around you." I said as put my hand over my right eye, and went into the bathroom to check on it.

Sure enough, my eye was starting to get a light bruise. Nothing serious, but bad enough that I needed to put make-up over it. I had just been hit by the man I thought I loved. I had to get out of the house. I knew Jayden was safe; she was asleep in her bed with my mother just in the other room. I was going to go and get my nails done; a sweet escape.

Mr. Harrison's P.O.V.--

"I can't believe I hit her. What kind of man am I? I'm sick. I got a sixteen year old pregnant. I thought I loved her. Avery could do so much better. He could take care of her, love her, and not get so angry. He's perfect for her. She needs him. She loves him."

"I need to leave a note. Something that tells her, I'm doing this for her. I can't believe I'm going to do this. It's for you, Rachel. I hope you can forgive me."

Rachel's P.O.V.--

Mr. Harrison set the note gently on my nightstand, right next to his side of the bed. He looked at it for am moment. After he made sure nothing was going to happen to it, he did something unpredictable.

I walked into my room from getting my nails done.

"Thomas? What are you--" I looked down at him, he was asleep on the floor. "Oh, oh no. No, no, no, no! No! Thomas! Answer me! Talk to me! Please! Don't do this!" I screamed, tears streaming down my cheeks. I shoved at his body a little bit; nothing.

Rachel,

I'm sorry, for everything. I can't believe I hit you, I am crazy; a monster even. I did this for you; you are so much better and happier without me. You may not be happy now, but believe me, you will be. I can promise you something good is going to happen out of this. Tell Jayden I love her, she was the little bit of happiness I had in this crazy, mixed up world. Please, Rachel, do me a favor--Be with Avery. He is the right man for you; he can give you everything I couldn't. Remember, I was temporary in your life, but let Avery and Jayden be in it forever.

I'll always be with you, I love you more than anything, don't ever forget that.

-Thomas