AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!!

Chapter 22

I felt my eyes start to burn, and tears start to form. I bit my tongue, trying to keep the tears from coming, I had to act strong. One slid down my cheek, I formed a fist and wiped it off, smearing my mascara. I got up from the table and stomped upstairs.

"Rachel! Come back here!" My mother demanded.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled at her.

Avery started to get up,

"Where are you going, Avery?" My father questioned him.

"I would like to say goodbye to Rachel." Avery said as he looked down to my father, who was still sitting.

"I don't think that's a good idea--" My mother started, getting up too.

"I'm going to say goodbye." Avery said, looking them in the eye, meaning what he said. He turned around and walked upstairs to my room.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs after me, "Don't go...You can't leave me." I told Avery, tears started to pour out of my eyes.

"I have to go, Ray. You heard your parents. I don't want to get you in trouble. We had fun while it lasted, right?" Avery asked me.

"Yeah, we did. But, I don't want it to be over." I whined.

"Shh, don't say that. I'm sure we'll see each other around town."

"Come on, now. Don't be upset. Give me a kiss." Avery told me.

"Fine." I said, pulling him closer to me. I started to kiss him. His intention was for it to just be a quick kiss, but I would not let that happen. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and brought him closer to me. Slowly, I felt down to his pants zipper and unzipped it.

"Stop it." Avery started, but I didn't let him finish, I continued to kiss him and try to take off his pants. "Rachel, stop it. This is exactly what we got in trouble for." He said, trying to get me off of him.

"No, secrets got us in trouble. I'm going to leave. Goodbye, Rachel." Avery said as he kissed me on the cheek, zipped up his pants, and left my room.

I starred at the door, waiting for someone, anyone to tell me that this was just a joke and that I could see Avery. I starred at the door for almost an hour, but he didn't come back.

I pulled out my phone before I went to bed, I decided to call Avery.

"Hello?" Avery said on the other side.

"Hey, it's me." I told him softly.

"Why are you calling me? You're going to get in trouble."

"I don't care. I wanted to talk to you. I miss you, Avery." I told him, my eyes starting to water.

He took a deep breath, "I miss you, too. Look, my phone is almost out of battery. I love you." Avery said on the other line.

"I love you too. Talk to you later." I said, letting out a breath. I hung up the phone and climbed into my bed.

"Avery!" I squealed as I ran over to hug him. He picked up off of the ground and hugged me tight.

"You act like you haven’t seen me in three years. It's been about ten hours."

"I know. I just, don't want you to leave me." I started.

"I know. I won't leave again." He said, grabbing me by the waist.

"Promise?" I asked, like a small child.

"I promise."

"I love you." I told him, kissing him quickly, making sure it was okay.

"I love you, too." Avery told me, kissing me back. I pulled back for a second, examining him. I looked down at his zipper and unzipped it, for the second time that day. He looked at me, and then smiled a little bit. I bit my bottom lip and giggled some. I felt Avery's hand at the end of my nightgown; I knew where this was going to lead.

"Do you want to go lay down?" I asked him.

"Our secret." Avery said as a smile spread across his face.

You look beautiful." Avery told me in between a kiss.

"You look good, too. Wanna know what would make you look even better?" I asked him, already starting to laugh.

"What is that?" He asked, starting to pull up my night gown.

"If your pants weren't so tight, and I could get them off." I joked.

Avery jokingly rolled his eyes, and then looked down at his pants.

"Are you sure you want to risk it?" He asked, looking back up at me.

"Yes." I said, without hesitation.

"Fine." He told me, unbuttoning his pants, and letting me slide them off of him. "Since you got to do that, I get to do this." Avery said as he pulled my pajamas off from over my head, revealing my underwear.

"I think that's fair." I said, lowering my voice to a whisper. I lowered my head down to kiss him again.

"I hope you know… I wouldn't do this for anyone else." Avery said.

"Well, that's a good thing." I said, grabbing a handful of his hair and pulling it behind him, so I could see his face.

As Avery and I made love, I realized how much I needed him with me. I was going to keep seeing him, and there was nothing my parents could do about it.