AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!!

Chapter 8

I walked to Julia's house in the dark, and went inside. I didn't even knock, not that I usually knock anyways. I could not be at home with my mother right now, I was so tired of everyone, I just wanted to sit in my room, with Mr. Harrison and our baby and be completely away from everyone.

"Hey, Preggo. Why so mad?" Julia asked me as I walked in and sat down on the couch beside her.

"My mother. She thinks that she can tell me what to do during my pregnancy, what to eat, what to do, what vitamins to take, well she can't! It's getting so annoying! I just want this baby, so so Mr. Harrison and I can just move on!"

"Oh, Mr. Harrison. He's still in the picture? I though you cut him out because of his other girlfriend."

"We made up at the doctor's office. He was really sweet, and I realized that this baby will need him." I told Julia.

"Ohh, okay. So, what is the baby? Girl or boy?"

"We're waiting...But, the name is going to be Jayden, if it's a boy or girl...That was we have a name either way." I told her, I was excited to tell her.

I fell asleep at Julia's house that night. I woke up at about four o'clock and realized that I had indeed fallen asleep. I scribbled Julia a note--

Julia, sorry, I had no idea I feel asleep. I'm sorry but I've got to go. If my parents find out, I'm going to be grounded forever. Talk to you later.

-Rachel

I ran out the door, and ran as fast as I could home.

I ran right into my mother's room to talk to her.

"Mom, I know it's late...or early. I'm sorry, I went to Julia's house and I feel asleep, but I'm home now." I told her out of breath.

"Okay. Thanks for coming home, then." She told me, getting back into bed next to my father.

"Wait, Mom! I just wanted to say that I was sorry for the way I acted earlier. I shouldn't have acted like that." I said as I pulled her into a hug.

"I forgive you, Rachel. I shouldn't have been so nagging. But, I do want to hear about the doctor's appointment."

"Well, I didn't want to find out the gender, but Thomas and I did decide on a name." I told my mother, Thomas was Mr. Harrison, there was no way I could tell her that Mr. Harrison got me pregnant.

"Oh? You and Thomas are okay?"

"Yeah, we are. But, the name is going to be Jayden! Boy or girl."

"Oh, Rachel! That's great. I love it. But, I do have a surprise for you; your baby shower is tomorrow!" My mother told me in glee.

Great, now I have to go to a baby shower, but it didn't matter. I have the perfect best friend, perfect mother, perfect boyfriend, and I am going to have the perfect baby. For once, things seemed to be going my way.