AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!!

Chapter 6

The doctor left the room, and let Mr. Harrison and me talk.

"I don't want you here! I told you I was done with you! This is my baby!" I yelled at him, I didn't care who heard.

"You wouldn't have this baby without me. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be pregnant." Mr. Harrison replied sternly. It actually scared me how mean he sounded; he had never talked to me like that.

Tears swelled up in my eyes, "Well, if it wasn't for you...I would...Be a normal teenager!"

"What the heck is wrong with you? Quit crying. Now." Mr. Harrison was mad now.

"Don't talk to me like that! You never have until now!"

"I'm sick of the way you hate me, then you love me, you hate me, then you love me! I have feelings too, you know. And I’m not going to let you treat me like that. I hope you know that I'm only here now because of the baby." He told me in a cold tone; a cold tone that made me shiver.

I got off the bed and left, I wasn't going to take this. Before I left, I looked at the little baby bed. This is where my baby would be laying in six months, whether Mr. Harrison was here or not.

“Let me give you a ride home. We need to talk about some things." Mr. Harrison told me, I went ahead and took the ride; it was either that or take the bus.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted at the doctor's office. I shouldn't have been like that." Mr. Harrison said.

"I don't care about the way you talked to me. I care about that woman!" I started to raise my voice.

"Right, Alyson. She was my girlfriend in college, but we drifted apart once I got a teaching job. We were together all four years in college, but she just broke up with me, the night after graduation, after one of the best nights of my life. It was supposed to work out, but she left me. So, when she was in town the other day, I offered to take her to lunch, and she came home with me after. I don' know why or how I let it happen. It was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I want you to understand that." Mr. Harrison told me, it was more like a trip down memory lane. I could only guess what ‘the best night of his life’ entailed.

"Did...You sleep with her?" I asked, hesitantly, I was afraid of the answer.

"No. I wouldn't have done that to you. Rachel, would it make you feel better, if I told you, that you were my first time? The only person I've ever gone that far with, ever." Mr. Harrison said sweetly.

"That's not true. What happened to 'the best night ever with Alyson'?" I told him, I didn't believe him.

"The best night ever? We had just graduated college and went out to dinner and saw a movie...Rachel, you were my first time."

"But, you're twenty five..." I told him, I was kind of weirded out now.

"I wanted to save myself until I found the right person, and you were that person." He told me, taking me hands.

"Wow, that's really sweet. I don't know what to say. Other than, you are the nicest man ever for doing that." I told him as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Well, I was taught that was right. While all of my friends were getting weird diseases, and becoming fathers at sixteen, I waited."

"Waited...to find a sixteen year old girl, to sleep with and then get pregnant?"

"Not really what I planned...But I think I like it." Mr. Harrison said suggestively.

"I love you, Rachel." Mr. Harrison whispered to me.

"I...I love you too, Mr. Harrison."

He pulled me closer to him, trying to get our lips to touch. Before I could actually kiss him, I felt something moving inside of me.