AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!!

Chapter 8

I went over to Mr. Harrison's house early the next morning.

"I need a favor from you. The baby shower is today and I want you to come. But, you can't be dressed like that, all teacher-like, my parents would find out. Can you try and dress...Like a teenager? Please?" I begged him.

"Well...Okay, but, I'd only do it for you and the baby." Mr. Harrison told me.

"The baby has a name; Jayden. Remember? He or she will not be addressed as 'the baby' It will be addressed as, 'Jayden', got it?" I told him, I never liked it when anyone addressed Jayden as 'the baby'.

"Right. Jayden."

"I might need something in exchange..." Mr. Harrison said to me suggestively.

"And, what might that be?" I asked, I also said that suggestively.

"Well, let's just say, it's got something to do with this." He said as he kissed me.

"That just might be a fair trade." I told him as I pulled away and left his house.

Guests started pouring into my house, first was my old friend, Christina White.

"Hey, Rachel! How have you been?" She asked me and pulled me into a warm hug.

"You know, here. In school, pregnant...The usual?"

She chuckled a bit and then walked away, "Well, it was nice talking to you, Rach!"

Mr. Harrison walked in the front door in white baggy jeans and a Hollister tee-shirt. His hair was like usual, only a bit messier, and he was wearing converse shoes. I thought he looked amazing and he definitely would trick my parents into thinking he's a teenager.

"Hey, Baby." Mr. Harrison said, giving me a quick kiss.

"Hey, Thomas." I said, kissing him back. It felt weird calling my teacher by his first name, but I had to go with it.

"You must be Thomas. Now, do us a favor and get off of my daughter." I heard a loud deep voice; my father.

"Sorry..." I whispered to him softly, I'm sure he was embarrassed.

"So, Thomas, how do you plan to support my daughter? Once little Jayden comes, how do you plan to help out?" My father questioned Mr. Harrison.

"Well, I hope to...uh...finish school. Then I want to be a teacherrr..." Mr. Harrison said hesitantly; enunciating the word ‘teacher’, he then shifted uncomfortably.

"Hey, Thomas, will you come over here?" I yelled over, trying to save him from the wrath of my father.

"Okay, you two. Rachel, your father and I bought you a little something for our new grandchild. Why don't you go look in the spare bedroom?" My mother asked me. Mr. Harrison and I ran upstairs to go look at this mysterious gift, I could not wait to see what it was.

In the spare room, there was a nice little crib with a koala bear. It was green and it was perfect, a neutral color, I loved it.

"Wow, it's perfect! Thanks Mom!" I said, hugging her tightly.