AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!!

Chapter 15

I texted Avery:

"Hey, can u meet me at the beach in fifteen minutes?"

Instantly, he texted back: "Sure, no problem. C u in a few."

  I waited by the shoreline, my dress blowing in the breeze. I watched the water crease into little waves and die down instantly. I watched the dolphins in the horizon jump out of the water for air, and then quickly go back down. I heard the sound of rocks crunching, I turned to see Avery.

"You told me to meet you here?" He asked me, he was dressed in a tuxedo, he looked very handsome.

"Yeah, thanks for meeting me here. Why are you dressed up?" I asked him.

"I was going to go to Mr. Harrison's funeral but--" He started, but I interrupted him with my tears.

"I'm sorry; I shouldn't have brought it up." He said, hugging me tightly.

Mr. Harrison, he left me a note before he...Died." I told him slowly.

"Yes?"

"He told me, he wanted us to be together, forever." I finished.

"If he said that, then we will. I'll stay with you until the day we die. I promise." Avery told me, grabbing my hand.

"Thank you. Avery?"

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I think...I think I'm in love with you." I told him.

"Rachel, I think I love you, too. I’ve thought that since the day I walked past you in the classroom.  I'm going to be with you forever, and that's my promise to you." Avery told me as he kissed me.

"Forever, is a long time." I said, pulling away from him.

He took a breath in, "I know." Then he went back to kissing me, slowly and passionately.

We pulled away from each other and just looked at each other. This was the man I was meant to spend my whole life with, and I was looking forward to it.