CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 30

“Janine, have you cancelled my appointments for this afternoon?”

“Yes Sir,” nakangiti nyang sagot. “And Sir, your tux has arrived. Clean and pressed.”

“Thank you, Janine. Please bring it in, I’m leaving in a while.”

Saglit syang nawala at pagbalik ay bitbit na ang bagong set ko ng damit, malapad ang ngiti niya na tila nanunudyo.

Napangiti rin ako. It is so unlike me to prepare like this for a date. Kahit nagkikita kami ni Shelley dati, hindi ko pa naranasang mag-prepare na parang teenager, and to be completely honest, this is new to me.

Bakit nga ba ako nag-e-effort, she’s my wife already.

Natigilan ako. Of course I have to put in extra effort. Ibang-iba ang sitwasyon namin ni Shelley sa sitwasyon namin ni Mira.

My relationship with Mira has been in a lot of hoops. One moment we’re laughing together, then we’re ripping each other apart the next.

She makes me feel so out of control, my emotions getting more and more dependent to her actions. It’s a little scary, and is actually pushing me towards insecurities.

Gusto kong matawa sa sarili.

I was so unguarded towards Mira before, and before I knew it, I’m starting to believe that what we have is real.

But it isn’t. She makes sure to remind me every now and then that our relationship has an impending deadline.

I cannot just watch and wait for it to end.

Sure, she can believe that I’m going to let her go. But I sure as hell will do everything just so she’d fall for me and wouldn’t want to leave in the end.

If I am a game to her, I’d accept losing. Wala naman akong choice, dahil hindi nya lang basta pinasok ang mundo ko. Inangkin nya ito ng buong-buo.

Okay, she made me fall. It’s a bit too late to avoid it when I realized that. It’s irrevocable.

So, I’m going to return her the favor.

Mira has to fall in love with me too!

“Sir?”

Napaangat ang tingin ko kay Janine.

“You look worried,” she pointed out.

Tumuwid ako at kinuha ang hawak nyang damit.

“I just want this evening to be special, and I don’t know how to do it so she’ll feel like I’m courting her.”

“Ang sweet nyo naman, Sir. Mag-asawa na kayo pero nililigawan nyo pa rin sya. Kaya naman mahal na mahal kayo ni Mam Mira.”

Nangunot ang noo ko.

“Paano mo naman nasabi yan?”

“Sa paraan nya ng pagtingin sa inyo, Sir.”

Ngumiti na lang ako.

That couldn’t be right.

“Anong ipinag-aalala nyo Sir?”

“I don’t know what to do tonight.”

“Maging spontaneous ka lang Sir. Your heart will know what to do. And I’m sure, by just being beside you, she’ll be happy.”