#Bonus Chapter - Part 7

"Mommy! Mommy!" My daughter's shouting brought me back to reality, many, many years later. I focused on the petite redhead child who got into the kitchen dragging Hope along with her.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I said leaning down.

"Will you show me and Hope my birthday cake?"

"But, it's supposed to be a surprise, honey." Her shoulders fell. "You don't want to spoil the surprise right?" She nodded slightly.

"How about you go open the present I got you?" Hope suggested and Marie quickly found her spirit.

"Can I?" She asked, turning her gaze on me.

"Of course, sweetheart." She jumped excitedly and quickly exited the kitchen. I turned my gaze to my now fifteen-year-old goddaughter. "Thanks for that."

"You are welcome." She said, putting her hands in the back-pockets of her jeans. I noticed her nervousness.

"Ok, what's going on?" I said, leaving the task I had started and folding my arms in front of my chest.

"I need to tell you something."

"Go on."

"Not here. Dad might hear." She said whispering.

"Huh..." I said, after nodding. "I'm pretty sure I can guess what is about. We'll just wait for the right moment when Klaus will be too occupied to eavesdrop." She laughed at that.

"Thank you."

"Don't even think about it." I said, giving her a hug.

"What are you two talking about here?" Klaus asked entering the kitchen. Hope rolled her eyes.

"Female stuff. Care to join the conversation? I'd really love to hear what you have to say about the subject, after all these years of experience." Klaus glared at me and Hope giggled at his reaction.

"I had forgotten how sharp is your tongue, Cassandra. Maybe I should cut it a little."

"Hey, no one touches my godmother!" Hope warned pointing a finger at him. Klaus raised his hands in surrender.

"That look has terrified me already. I should probably go and check on the birthday-girl." He said and left the kitchen. Hope and I laughed.

"You are the only one that can actually terrify him." I pointed out.

"Well, not exactly the only one." She said winking at me.

"Whatever. Let's place the food on the table, shall we?"

Each of us took a plate in hand and started putting them in order on the dinner table. When everything was ready, I called everyone to join us. "What did you cook mommy?" Marie asked hopping on her chair.

"Your favourite of course!"

"Yey!!!!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Mmm, that's smells amazing!" Cami complimented entering the dining room and sitting next to Klaus, who sat next to Hope, with Hayley by her side and Jackson next to the latter.

"I couldn't agree more." Rebekah said joining us along with Marcel and sitting between me and Cami. Finally, Hector and Elijah came, with the first sitting next to Jackson – he just loved to hear his tales – and the latter next to Marie who was sitting next to me. Yeah, I know... We were a large, complicated as hell family. But, a family nonetheless.

Elijah stood up to make a toast. "Thank you all for being here today. On this special day our little girl turns five. I wish her a very happy birthday and I promise her that I'll do everything in my power to make her happy."