Chapter 116

Klaus and Rebekah were arguing about who should have set fire on the vampire corpses last night. I was bored hearing their conversation. They were so old and yet so childish sometimes. Hayley was sitting on the floor a few feet away reading what appeared to be a journal. I bet it was Elijah's. I was curious about its content, but I should keep my distance from him and anything close to him. I didn't feel much better this morning, but I'm sure I wouldn't collapse at any moment.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Hayley said stepping into the room, using Rebekah's reference of her.

"Well, that depends on what plan you mean, love. My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world." Rebekah replied to Klaus's mocking by throwing him a brush. I rolled my eyes.

"The plan to rescue Elijah... You know the good brother, the one that is now in the possession of your mortal enemy, after you stabbed him in the back!" Hayley said raising her voice at the end, clearly fed up by Klaus attitude.

"In the front, if we're being specific..."

"You two said that you would get him back. So, is there a plan or what?" Elijah had the habit to inspire the sense of safety to the others. Of course, I knew better.

"Ok..." Klaus surrendered. "Firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He is my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold of the supernatural community in the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I'd known that he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty, teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently, and thirdly sister, please." He gestured to Rebekah to continue.

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, it's for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah said as if it was something natural.

"What?" I half-yelled, my eyes wide in shock. I looked at Klaus. "You are going to play nice? That's new!" I exclaimed. He just shrugged.

"That's not the whole plan, is it?" Hayley asked in disbelief and worry. She seemed worried about him... Terrible mistake.

"Oh, please." Rebekah replied.

"Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical."

"You tell me." I murmured.

"Well, that's only the plan 'A', love. There is always a plan 'B'." Klaus continued.

"And what's plan 'B'?" I asked curious for his answer. He smiled at me.

"War." I scoffed. Typical.

"Of course."

"Are you sure you can't track Elijah?" Rebekah asked turning to me.

"I think we already had this conversation." I replied abruptly.

"I know, but at least can't you track that witch, Davina?"

"What do you think I am? A dog? I can't track anyone, unless they are a vampire."

"You used to track everyone. And especially Elijah, who happens to be a vampire. What happened to that part of yourself?" She argued.

"I buried it, along with the part that gave a damn about what happened to Elijah." I said coldly. "I need some air. And you, please, don't get in trouble again." I said the last part to Hayley and without the word I exited the room and the house.

I was heading at the French Quarter. Marcel and I hadn't seen each other in a while and I didn't want him to get suspicious. Not that he wasn't already, but anyway... I arrived at the compound, the place he was leaving. I had never been here. The place was full of vampires and it made my hair on the back of my neck stand. I was surprised that no one stopped me from ascending the stairs. It must have been the talismans. Although, I didn't really look like much of a threat. I heard Marcel and somebody else discussing.