Chapter 67

It was the first time, after a long time, I slept again in my own bed. I felt weirdly. This place didn't feel like home to me. At least not entirely. It was just like a part of me was missing. And I didn't dare even to think what it was.
I woke up quite late, so I had to hurry, if I wanted to make the entrance I desired. I got dressed quickly and I reached the door of the Salvatore house in less than fifteen minutes. It was strange to be in this place again after three months of absence. I hit the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door.

"I got it!" I heard Elena shouting from inside. I cracked a smile. What a surprise would be for her to see me after all these months.

Eventually, the door opened and I faced a very astonished Elena, looking at me wide-eyed, jaw on the ground.

"Cassie?!?!?!" She exclaimed after a few seconds and rushed upon me, hugging me tightly. I returned the hug. God, how much I had missed her!

"Cassie who?" Caroline asked popping out from behind us. "Oh my God!!!!" She screamed, joining into our hug.

"I can't believe you are here!!!" Elena said after we released each other.

"Yeah, when did you return?"

"Last night." I replied.

"Why didn't you tell us anything?" Caroline complained.

"I just wanted to surprise you!"

"Well, it totally worked." Elena agreed.

"Where is Bonnie by the way?"

"She is with some relatives of hers. She won't be able to come."

"Too bad. So do you need any help with the preparations?" I asked unable to hold my excitement.

"Another pair of hands would be a great help." Caroline replied sharing my excitement. "Come on!" She exclaimed dragging me along with her to the living room, leaving Elena to close the door behind us.

"Tyler!" I exclaimed surprised when I saw him carrying some boxes with drinks for tonight.

"Long time no see!" He said leaving the boxes down. He came closer to me, grabbing me and spinning me around, taking me aback.

"Wow! Tyler, if I had known you had missed me so much, I would have returned earlier!" I teased him.

"Welcome back."

"Thank you!" I replied with a smile. Caroline coughed from behind us. I turned around to face her, raising an eyebrow? When did she start being possessive over Tyler?

"Don't look at me like that! We have a party to organize!" She tried to defend herself.

"We should have a talk sometime later." I stated eyeing her constantly.

"Anytime you want." She replied pretending like nothing was going on.

I'll deal with you later... I thought.

For a while, we were talking about various things along with making the appropriate preparations.

"I feel like I have to fight with Damon every single time we get a clue about Stefan." Elena was saying.

"Maybe he doesn't want to find him." Tyler commented.

"Tyler!" Caroline exclaimed.

"What? He is into you, isn't he?" He continued.

"The only reason Stefan left with Klaus was to save Damon's life. Trust me, Damon wants to find him." Elena tried to defend him.

"But... you kissed him which probably screwed with his head."