Chapter 113

Rebekah's P.O.V.

I was driving at the plantation, beyond mad at my brother Elijah, who didn't take any of my calls. I hadn't been in our family house at the plantation or in New Orleans, for that matter, for almost two centuries. I couldn't say, I had missed that place. Its recollection brought me both joy and pain.

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this God-forsaken city, then well done. I'm here and I'm worried. Now, pick up, before I kick in your bloody door." I said leaving another voicemail, heading at the door of the mansion that used to be my home once.

I opened the door and got in the house. It was pretty much the same. It hadn't changed at all. "Who the hell are you?" A girl on the top of the stairs asked holding a fire poker.

"Oh, you must be the maid. My bags are in the car. Go get them, will you?" I said, as the girl descended the stairs.

"Hello. Not the maid." She replied feeling a little awkward.

"Right." I said remembering the situation my brothers were into. "You are that werewolf girl my brother Klaus knocked up. I was expecting to see a kind of a supernatural, miracle, baby-bump. I guess you are not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?" I finished, while the girl stood a few feet away from me.

"You have your brother's manners." She concluded.

"And his temper too, so watch it." I added. "Where is Elijah?" I asked looking at the house behind her. I expected him to be here to welcome me, if he was at the mansion at least.

"It's me. He is long gone." The girl replied shrugging.

"What do you mean long gone?" I was now worried. Elijah was determined to stay and help that girl and her baby.

"Well, one minute he was here, making epic promises about protecting me, in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions have gotten me into, he was all poetic about how we are family and then Klaus told me he bailed. That's what I get for trusting a vampire." She seemed sure that Elijah had betrayed her. If only she knew that he would always be the one protecting and caring for her.

"Elijah is not just any vampire and he doesn't break promises, which means Niklaus has done something bastardly and Klaus-like." I hissed. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you did to our brother, you narcissistic, backstabbing wanker!" I yelled, moving in the main hall.

"Enough, with all the shouting!" Niklaus appeared. I so wanted to punch him right now. "Little sister. I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing." He said approaching me.

"They were very rude." I replied, remembering how I took down each one of them, spilling blood, heads and hearts everywhere. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl, just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right. You don't have any friends." I replied to my own question.

"I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course, you do. He fancies himself the King of the Quarter now and he has his rules about killing vampires. It will be fun to see what sort of punishment he will come up for you." Niklaus said smiling ironically.
"I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't go back on deals. What did you do to him?" I said trying to get to the point which Klaus has been trying to evade.

He said some idiotic excuses for Elijah's absence, urging me at the same time to look the house. I was about to when someone snapped the door closed. Who else knew that we were here? I turned around only to face a very furious Cassandra. What was she doing here? She didn't seem to notice me. Her glare was fixed on Niklaus who looked like he wanted to disappear.

"You bastard, son of a bitch!" She yelled, lunging at him and succeeding a very powerful punch on Klaus's face. He fell back, colliding with the floor.

"Cassandra..." He mumbled, although there was no point, since Cassandra was so furious that couldn't be calmed down easily.

"How could you?" She yelled. Why was Cassandra so furious? And why Klaus looked as guilty as hell? Oh my... He had daggered Elijah, again!

"Cassandra, let me explain-"

"Explain what? The inexplicable? Do you know why I am that furious, eh? Because, when you daggered Elijah, I happened to be with Marcel! And he saw me, holding my chest in agony, before passing out!" Klaus stood up immediately.

"I'm sure he asked for some explanation." He said trying to show he was calm.

"What did you expect me to say? The truth. He was already suspicious about me, I didn't want to lie and complicate the situation." She said in a lower voice.

"What did you say exactly?" Klaus took a few steps closer to her.

"Everything. About me, Elijah... But, just the past. I didn't say anything else."

"What is this supposed to mean?" I butted in, trying to figure out what was going on.

"It appears that your wonderful brother over here handed your other brother to none other than Marcel." I turned to look at Klaus shocked and frustrated.

How could he?

Author's Note: So that's it... Weird... I don't have much to say today.... Tell me what you think in the comments. Love you all!!!!