Chapter 64

She looked at me, taken aback by my tone. "What happened honey? Why are you talking to me like that?"

"Sorry, for my tone, but I can't help it. I need to get some answers."

"About what, honey?" She said still not getting my point. Or she was pretending not to.

"About my father. And my grandfather. What happened the night I was born? Where was I born anyway?" She sighed.

"I knew you would find out some time. I couldn't hide the truth from you for a long time."

"So, will you tell me now?" I asked her impatient.

"Come." She simply replied.

She led me to a wooden bench, asking me to sit. I waited for her to tell me. Now, after so many years, the door hiding all the secrets that tortured me all this time would finally be opened.

"When I met your grandfather I knew immediately he was the one. It was like I had found my other half. Not to mention I had seen him in a vision. I was very young when we met. Maybe a year younger than you. He felt the same. We couldn't avoid our feelings. No one can."

I couldn't ignore her last phrase. No one can... Would that really happen in my case too?

"So, we waited until I finished school and after that we got married. And then everything changed."

"What do you mean?"

"Although, I had told your grandfather about me and he had succeeded of course in my father's training, he never told me about himself, until..." She stopped abruptly.

"Until when?" I encouraged her.

"Until a man showed up on the doorstep. I was about to give birth to your mother. He requested to see him. He said it was an emergency." She stopped again.

"What happened next? Who was that man?"

"When your grandfather saw him, he seemed shocked. And really worried. But, he tried to hide it, as he didn't want me to worry in my condition. But, he forgot the fact that I was prophetess and I could sense pretty much everything. Not to mention that I knew him very well. He asked me to go upstairs and leave them alone. I didn't protest. I could sense something very serious was happening. They were talking for hours. Or at least it seemed so. After that, he came to me and explained everything."

"And by saying everything you mean..."

"He told me everything about himself, about what he was. I couldn't believe what I was hearing."

"What did he tell you?" I half-yelled fed up with her evasions.

"He told me that he was the descendant of a very powerful warrior who belonged to a team along with nine others which was called The Circle of Ten. Their purpose was to hunt down and kill vampires, after the failure of The Five. They were..."

"They were vampire hunters created by witches who wished to vanish every vampire walking on this earth. I know. And I know about The Circle of Ten. What I want to know is how all these are related to me."

"I see. As you already know, this team was secret. And had to remain secret. Your grandfather had to leave because there were suspicions that someone had found them out. You see, he was one of the leaders of this team. Unfortunately, they were right. Someone had indeed found them out. In the meantime, I had given birth to your mother who was growing up without a father, like you did. I was waiting for him to come day after day, night after night. I hadn't lost my hope that he would return one day. I knew he wasn't dead, as I would have seen it or at least I would have felt it. The years passed and there was no sign of him. Your mother had reached your age. But, she knew everything. I had told her everything. I didn't want her to hate her father for not being there with her. I wanted her to understand. And she did understand. She knew that her father wasn't there because he wanted to protect her. To protect us. But, suddenly, one day he appeared on the doorstep. He was there safe and sound. He had returned for good. He reassured me that the danger was gone and everything was going to be normal again. I can't describe the happiness I felt that day. Your mother was more than happy to meet him. It was like all these years he was missing had just disappeared. He was there for us, finally. I couldn't be more grateful."