Chapter 73

"How is she?" I asked Damon.

"She has been better. And the Stefan situation only makes it worse." I sighed.

"Klaus can't be satisfied unless he destroys everyone else's life." I commented.

"Yeah, about that. Can you tell me why is Klaus so anxious about your safety?"

"I wish I knew, Damon. No matter how many times I asked him, he just dogged the question."

"Another mystery to solve. I'll have to hang up now, I'll call you if something happens. Or I won't. Depends on my mood." I sighed again annoyed.

"Take care of Elena."

"I will." He replied before hanging up.

Last night was proved to be a disaster. Klaus compelled Stefan to turn off his humanity and therefore stop loving Elena, so he attacked her without hesitation. Thankfully, she survived. Unfortunately, her blood proved to be the key to creating hybrids, so last night Klaus decided to drain her –literally. Thankfully again, Damon saved her and Klaus disappeared after the reference of only one name; Mikael. I was sure I had heard this name before. But what was it about? Who was that Mikael that made Klaus run like a coward? I guess we would find out, since we were told he was the only one able to kill him.

And then, there was the big question of the night; why did Klaus care about me? Or my safety at least? What was so important that stopped him from hurting me? Unfortunately, in this question I had no answer to give. I was at a loss. The only one who could solve the mystery was Klaus. And I sensed he wouldn't say a thing.

Today was the first day of our senior year. I hadn't managed to graduate last year, but fortunately I would attend half of the year. I wasn't sure about my plans after that, but I had considered taking a gap year in order to travel the world. Supposing I would be alive by then. Caroline was supposed to pick me, Elena and Bonnie up to go to school together. Which she did, as Caroline is always so typical. We were now standing outside of her car, gazing at the people around us. I envied them. They had no clue about the supernatural world, not to mention that they weren't part of it. I sighed.

"Here we are

"Here we are. Senior year." Caroline said.

"Don't you think this feeling should be something more empowering?" Bonnie asked shrugging.

"True." I admitted. I was always excited thinking about me being a senior, but now that I was... It wasn't so exciting.

"Ok, so prank night was a bust, but we are accepting it and we are moving on." Caroline exclaimed.

"You are right! I mean, why should I leave the fact that my boyfriend sees the ghosts of his dead girlfriends to ruin this experience?" Bonnie said ironically. Soon enough, Caroline followed her.

"Yes! And why should I leave the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid, ruin this fabulous day?" I decided to play too.

"Which also means, I shouldn't leave the fact that I'm a prophetess, a vampire huntress, my soulmate is an Original vampire who happens to be daggered in a coffin which is god knows where and that his evil brother claims to care about my safety, spoil this amazing day."