Chapter 24

"Charlotte!" I exclaimed turning around to face the blonde girl, who had a huge smile on her face. I hugged her tightly, as she did.

"I missed you!!!" We both exclaimed laughing.

"I have something to do. See you later." Elena said.

"See you." I replied still embracing Charlotte.

"Oh my God, where have you been?"

"It's a long story Charlotte. The point is I'm here right now. I'm not going to leave again."

"Really? You can't imagine how worried I was when I learned you had left town. What happened?"

"A relative of ours got sick and had to be taken in the hospital. It was a difficult situation, that's why we left. Eventually, he lived. He is healing right now." I lied. It was better for her not to know the truth.

"I'm so happy to see you!" She shouted excited.

"Come on, let's walk." I suggested.

The conversation between me and Charlotte made me forget what I was being through lately. It was just like everything was back to normal, like a few months ago, when I hadn't had visions or knew anything about all these supernatural creatures.

"Haven't you had a new crush yet?" I teased her.

"Actually, I have."

"For some reason I don't like that... Please tell me he is not a teacher!"

"No, he is not. I liked him since forever. I mean when I was young I would thought of him like my knight who came to save me."

"Let me guess. You were the princess, right?"

"You guessed right. But, please don't freak out."

"He is older?"

"Yes, not as old as Mr. Tanner, but he is very, very hot."

"Is he here?"

"I think so... I was looking for him when I saw you."

I was about to answer when I heard the cheers of some guys. Turning around to see where the noise came from, I saw something that made me break into laughter.

"What is it?" Charlotte wondered coming by my side. I pointed at the table where Tyler and some other guys were arm wrestling. "That's funny!" I exclaimed in difficulty trying to hold on my laughter.

"You still hate him, don't you?"

"Actually, no." I said trying to be serious.

"We've made a truce." I explained when she gave a confused look.

"Where is Cassie and what have you done to her?" I laughed at her reaction.

"Have you been kidnapped by aliens?" She continued.

"Is that even possible?" I asked her.

"More possible than, you not hating Tyler."

"Live with it." I stated.

Her shocked expression didn't leave until she saw someone. I knew that look. The 'one' was here. Let's see who he was.

"Do you know what I enjoy the most about arm wrestling?" I asked her.

"What?"

"See boys pretend the tough guys. It's hilarious."

"You always wanted to have their ass kicked." She stated.