Chapter 95

Elijah's P.O.V.

I was watching Cassandra, as she was sleeping peacefully next to me. She was so beautiful. Last night, she invited me into her house. That meant that I had finally earned her trust. And it meant a lot to me. I loved her. I don't think I had ever loved a woman like that in my life. I wanted her. I wanted her more than anything. I wanted her to be happy, healthy, safe. And I would do everything for her.

She turned around nervously. She only calmed down when she sensed my presence. She came closer to me and I held her tight on my chest. What had made her that nervous? I couldn't forget her last night behaviour. Something bad must have happened. The way she was kissing me last night... It showed desperation. Why? I placed a kiss on her forehead and a small smile spreaded across her face. My love... I would do anything to protect her.

ANYTHING.

Cassie's P.O.V.

I opened my eyelashes slowly and I faced the most beautiful picture in the world. A pair of brown eyes looking at me full of love.

"Good morning." I said smiling.

"Good morning, my love." He replied kissing me. "Did you sleep well?"

"You were here and you drove away all the bad dreams."

"Like a dream catcher?" He asked laughing.

"Yes..." I said and kissed him once again.

"Maybe you should come more frequently. How about you?"

"I'll keep that in mind. And I didn't sleep much to be honest."

"Why?"

"How can I sleep when I have you right in my arms?"

"Well, I could say the same thing for myself, but apparently I'm insensible." He smiled.

"No. You are just human." I was about to kiss him again when my phone rang interrupting us.

"What now?" I whispered pissed. I turned around to take my phone from the bedside table. Elena. I growled quietly. I debated to pick it up or not, but then I decided it didn't worth my while. She had made her decision. I put the phone back, ignoring it with no remorse.

"Is everything ok?" Elijah asked seeing my annoyed expression.

"Yes." I said abruptly.

"Are you sure?" I turned my head and shot daggers at him. "Has my presence anything to do with the fact that you didn't answer your friend's call?"

"No."

"Then?"

"Elijah, it is between me and Elena. Please stay out of this."

"You are right. Forgive my indiscretion. It's just that... I can't stand seeing you upset."

"Don't worry." I replied turning to him. "I know a way that you can cheer me up."

"And what will that be?" I smiled and touched his lips with mine.

Later...

"What do you want to do today?"

"How about going for a walk?" I suggested.

"Excellent idea." He replied. We were sitting at the kitchen and Elijah was preparing breakfast.

"And then we can grab a chocolate ice cream." I added.

"Excellent idea too."

"You don't have to do this, you know..." I said.