Chapter 62

"And now Alexander, it's your turn." Once I heard Arianna say those words, I immediately tensed. If anything happened to him...

"I don't see anything that we should discuss." He replied calmly.

"Oh, but I do." She replied, eyeing him intensely.

"Cassandra, you may exit the room." She said. Now, I was more furious than ever. But, I did my best to hide it.

"I'm sorry, but what is that supposed to mean? I'm the last prophetess on earth that can have children and continue our legacy. I thought I was supposed to be a part of The Council, even though I'm too young. I'll have to consider that as an insult."

"No, no. Please, don't think like that. Of course, you are always welcome here and of course there will be always a place for you in The Council. It's just that you will probably have better things to do than stay here and listen to our conversation with Alexander." She smiled sweetly. I wanted to vomit. I knew she was lying. I was a prophetess. She couldn't just deceive me like this.

"Thanks for your consideration, but I would prefer to stay. It would be a great opportunity to see how things work here. Unless there is a problem with that, is there?" I said glaring at her.

"No, no of course not. As you please." I sighed relieved. Now I was determined to make everything to get Alexander out of here, alive. "Mr. Silver, I know you are aware of our decision concerning your existence." Arianna started talking.

"If you are referring to the fact that you had sentenced me to death, before I was even born, yes I'm well aware of it." He replied like nothing serious was happening. I just kept glaring at Arianna. She must have noticed, but she didn't react.

"Yes, about that." She hesitated. Out of the blue, she turned to look at me. I tried to look as hostile as I could. She turned to look at Alexander almost instantly. "We owe you an apology."

"A what?" We both exclaimed.

"We shouldn't count on false and regressive ideas to take that decision. So, I think it is time for us to apologize for our behaviour. We wish you the best for your life and we hope someday you will be able to forgive us." Alexander and I exchanged looks.

"You realize of course that if your efforts to kill me were successful, I wouldn't be here to hear that."

"We do Alexander. And I understand why you are angry with us. It's normal and expected."

"Yeah, whatever." Alexander said trying to hide his annoyance, stood up and left the room.

"Excuse me for a moment." I said standing up and followed Alexander. I found him leaning against the wall a few feet away. "Hey." I said reaching him. "How are you doing?"

"You realize that they were lying."

"Yes, Alexander. I know she was lying."

"They wanted to apologize. Bullshit!"

"Calm down. I promise we will get out of here as soon as possible."

"I hope so." He replied hugging me tightly.

"Cassandra?" I heard Arianna calling me from behind.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Can I have a minute in private?" She asked.

"Of course. But, there is something I need to do first. It want take long, I assure you." I said and disappeared in the hallway, dragging Alexander along with me, without waiting for her approval or reply.

Thankfully, we reached the entrance room where everyone was waiting. They stood up when they saw us.

"What happened?"