Chapter 121

I was empty. Nothing mattered anymore. I couldn't believe what had happened. It was something that was going to haunt me for the rest of my life, no matter how long it lasted. Everything started 72 hours ago.

Flashback...

"Elena?" I asked gasping

"Elena?" I asked gasping. What did she want? And why did she sound so upset?

"How could you?" She repeated. I made sure I was far away from the others, because I didn't want them to hear any word from my conversation with her.

"I don't understand what you are talking about." I said, once I was out in the garden.

"How could you not tell us?" She said again crying.

"Tell you about what Elena?" I had started to feel pretty annoyed.

"About Bonnie."

"What about Bonnie?" I asked, not seeing where she was getting at.

"Wait. You don't know?" She suddenly realized. I rolled my eyes.

"Know what, Elena?"

"Bonnie... She is... Dead." That moment, I felt my heart stop.

"What did you say?" I whispered. I felt the world around me collapse. "How? When?"

"Four months ago... She..." She hesitated. "We are going to make a funeral, of some kind for her, do you want to come?" I remained silent. Bonnie was dead... And I hadn't seen it. "Cassie?"

"Yes, of course, I'll be there." I mumbled. I couldn't even make out what I was telling. I was at a loss.

"Ok, so I guess, I'll see you later."

"Yeah." I said and hung up.

Bonnie was dead. I sat on the steps of the porch, because everything around me had started spinning. Bonnie was dead... And I hadn't seen a thing. I felt like I was suffocating. I was out in the open and yet I felt like the oxygen was choking me. Bonnie was dead... I did my best to keep the tears that came to my eyes from escaping. I shouldn't show any weakness. Especially in front of them. I stood up, no matter how hard it was for me, and headed inside the house. I had to inform them that I would be away for a little while. The problem was, that as vampires, they could sense anything.

"Thank God, where have you... been?" Klaus said once he saw me. What did I say about vampires?

"I..." I said in difficulty. My voice was barely heard. I closed my eyes and tried again. "I will be away for a couple of days." I managed to say.

"Where will you go?"Rebekah asked coming too.

"I..." I hesitated once more. "I need to go." I replied, turning around and heading to my room, to gather some stuff of mine.

I knew Klaus and Rebekah would realize that something was wrong with me. They would find out sooner or later. I just wasn't ready for it, right now.