Chapter 35

Elena's P.O.V.

When Elijah left I ran immediately upstairs in the edge of freaking out. I was knocking panicky Jeremy's door but he didn't open it.

Come on Jeremy... I thought desperately.

Then, out of the blue I felt a hand on mine and turning around I saw horrified it was Elijah. He made a gesture for me not to utter anything right when Jeremy opened. I lied easily not wanting Elijah to hurt him or anyone from my family or friends.

"It's a wise choice." He said.

"What do you want?"

"It's time you and I have a little chat."

I pointed to my room where we got in and I closed the door behind us not wanting to be heard or seen.

"Forgive the intrusion. I mean your family no harm."

"Why did you kill those vampires who tried to take me?" I said cutting to the chase. I wanted only answers.

"Because I didn't want you to be taken." He said sitting by the window. I gave him a confused look not understanding a thing.

"Klaus is the most feared and the most hated of the Originals, but those who fear him are desperate for his approval. If it gets out that a doppelganger exists there will be a line of vampires who will want to take you to him. I can't have that."

"Is not exactly what are you trying to do?" I asked him.

"Let's just say my goal is not to break the curse."

"So what is your goal?" I asked him getting a bit annoyed.

"Klaus's obsessions have made him paranoid. He is a recluse. He trusts only those in his immediate circle."

"Like you?" I interrupted him.

"Not anymore." He said shaking his head.

"You don't know where he is, do you?" It sounded more of a statement than a question. He didn't answer.

"So you try to use me to nose him out."

"Well to do that I need you to stop try to get yourself killed."

"How do I know you are telling the truth?"

"If I wasn't mean truthful your whole family and your redheaded friend would be dead and you would be taken to Klaus right now. Instead I'm here and I'm prepared to offer you a deal."

"What kind of a deal?" I asked astonished. I've never heard a cat to do a deal with a mouse.

"Do nothing. Do nothing, live your life, stop fighting and then when the time is right, you and I will nose Klaus out and I'll make sure your friends will remain unharmed."

"And then what?"

"Then, I'll kill him."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that."

"I'm a man of my word Elena. I make a deal, I keep a deal."

"How will you be able to keep everyone safe?"

"Well, I noticed you have a friend, Bonnie is it? She seems to possess the gift of magic. I have friends with similar gifts."

"You know witches." I stated hitting myself mentally for not realizing it before.

"But, the truth is I'm more interested to your redheaded friend, Cassie isn't it?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him not understanding his interest in Cassie.

"I noticed she is a very special girl. Rare beauty combined with rare way of thinking."

Why was he so interested in Cassie? And how could he possibly say all these things, since he met her a few moments ago? Was he stalking her? And for what reason?

"I still don't get you."

"I have the sense she is hiding something very important."

"Well then, ask her."

"It would be good to know her name at least."

"You said it yourself that you knew her name was Cassie."

"Her original name is what I want to learn."

"Although, I have no idea why it matters, her original name is Cassandra."

"I knew she was special." I heard him murmur.

"Excuse me?"

"I'll take personal care of your friend Cassandra." He stated.

"Why?"

"I think there is something linking us."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. But she does. And I'm going to find out, what it is." He paused for a moment. "Anyway together we can protect those who are important to you. So do we have a deal?" He said stepping closer to me.

"I need you to do one more thing for me."

"Are you negotiating?" He asked me taken aback. "I listen." He continued.

"I want Stefan out of that tomb. I suppose your friends will be able to get him out, since tonight is a full moon.He is in the tomb with Katherine." I quickly added seeing him thinking a lot about it.

"Ok. Anything else?" He said ironically.

"Nothing else. Deal?"

"Deal."

Author's Note: The previous chapter was small... This chapter was small... And I thought what the hell? Let's give my dear readers a small gift!!! Enjoy<3