Chapter 112

Cassie's P.O.V.

I was sitting at the tomb next to Hayley, as Elijah had left trying to make Klaus be logical for once. The idiot refused his child. He would change his mind, eventually.

"So... What's your name?" Hayley asked hesitantly. I turned to look at her.

"Cassandra. Although, here I'm mostly known as Sandra and back in Mystic Falls I'm known as Cassie."

"You are from Mystic Falls?" She asked surprised.

"Yes, I am." A small smiled spreaded across my face, remembering my life back in Mystic Falls.

"How did you know my last name?" She asked next.

"Didn't you hear? I'm a prophetess." She looked at me not understanding.

"And what does this mean?" I laughed.

"It means that I can predict the future. Not everything and mostly bad... stuff." I shouldn't probably tell something like that to a pregnant woman, especially when we consider that I had a vision about her baby, a few moments ago.

"What bad stuff?" She asked terrified.

"Mostly deaths, but don't worry. Your child won't die." I reassured her.

"And how can you be sure?"

"I'm sure because my visions always come true. And believe me. Your child will be born."

"And then what?" I laughed.

"As I said, I can't see everything."

She remained silent for a bit. "Why did you take an oath by blood to protect my child with your life?" She asked. And I was wondering when she would ask.

"Because the vision I saw, indicated that I should."

"You are not going to tell me what you saw, are you?" I smiled.

"No." I replied simply. "But, as I said, don't worry. Your child will be born." She seemed sceptical. "You will figure out what I saw eventually. Don't let it bother you right now. You have more important things to think of." I pointed out, trying to distract her.

The sun had risen and Hayley and I were still in that filthy tomb. It was a long night. We attended Jane-Anne's funeral, the witch that let herself get killed, only to perform a pregnancy-test spell. Personally, I thought that was quite stupid. Hayley was worried about the situation she had gotten herself into. I would be too, in her place. Although, I knew much more than she did. But, that wasn't the point. A few hours later, footsteps were heard from outside. Elijah and Sophie appeared at the entrance of the tomb.

Once Hayley saw them, she jumped up, furious. "What the hell?" She exclaimed. "You leave me in some filthy tomb over a night. Has everyone forgotten that I'm pregnant?" She continued in the same pissed off tone.

"Release her to me." Elijah demanded. "As a token of good faith, the girl is carrying my family, therefore she is too my family." Elijah argued looking at Sophie Deveraux, having his back turned to both of us.

"Can you not talk about me, like I'm not here?" Hayley protested.

"Get used to it." I said at the same time that Elijah asked her to forgive them. His eyes landed on me, but I looked away.

"Let her come with me. You've done what you needed to do to keep her safe. Now let me do the same. I can assure you. There is no one stronger." Elijah said turning back to Sophie. I wanted to vomit. Literally.