Chapter 31

I couldn't stand still due to my worry for Elena. So, I went up and down all the way from one wall of the living room to another. I was sighing too. With my phone in my hands, I was dying for a phone call.

Grateful, I heard it ring, signifying it was Elena.

"Thank God! Are you alright?" I answered it immediately.

"Yes, I'm ok. Don't worry."

"I'm so happy you're ok."

"Thanks to you. That's why I want to thank you for helping Stefan and Damon finding me."

"You don't have to thank me. You would have done the same thing for me."

"Again, I'm grateful."

"So, what did they wanted from you?"

"It's a complicated story actually."

"I'm listening."

"Well, a guy named Trevor kidnapped me and locked me in an old mansion. A girl, named Rose, was there too. They were running from somebody, I don't know who exactly, and wanted to exchange me with their freedom."

"Continue..."

"Then, another man came. He wasn't the one that actually was hunting them. His name was Elijah."

"Such a rare name, who was he?"

"He is or better was one of the Original vampires. Damon killed him by the way."

"Well, that bastard has done something good for once."

"Please Cassie..."

"Please, leave the comment. Continue, what else did they tell you?"

"She also told me that..." She hesitated for a bit taking a deep sigh.

"Elena? Are you ok?"

"Look, I trust you and that's why I'm telling you this. It's also because I need you to know everything in case you see a vision."

"Elena, what's wrong? I'm worried."

"Rose, told me as I told you I was the key to their negotiation with Elijah. Elijah needed me to break the sun and the moon curse. But, I suppose you don't know a thing about-"

"I know everything Elena. I know what's the sun and the moon curse. And I know you're the doppelganger. And I'm afraid I know what's your part in this story."

"You mean, you knew about the curse and the sacrifice?"

"At first no. But, returning here, I asked my Granny to do some research about it. And she told me that the doppelganger has to die."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was hoping your existence would be kept secret, which would slower those who wanted to find you from finding you. I don't know if you have completely understood what I'm telling you."

"I'm trying. So, Cassie, if you want me to tell you everything I know, I want you in exchange to tell me everything you know. Do we have a deal?"

"Yes, we do. Please continue."

"As I learned later, the Originals are the first family of vampires ever existed on earth."

"Why did they hunt Trevor and Rose?"

"Because Trevor pissed them off. He trusted Katherine. You know what that means."

"I do. Nobody should trust that slut. But, what happened to them, after Damon killed Elijah?"