Twenty Five

Ivy

It's hard to say what truly happened after Ron discovered I carry the Sword of the Damned on my arm. We walked up to our room together and he lied down, claiming that he had a headache and needed to take a short break. So I sat down next to him, reading a book, the only sound was pages being flipped. An hour later Kayden announced that his Beta was coming down with something and needed Kayden and Maya to return quickly. Asher and Liz wanted some alone time so they decided to head back as well. We said our goodbyes and Ron continued to pay me no attention. We made small talk for a week, but he's been getting migraines a lot lately. I'm getting worried, and he won't tell me a damn thing...Other than he needs to be alone.

"Ron?" I knocked on his office door warily. Jace needed me to ask Ron about some training ideas he had.

"Come in." I hear Ron say. I open the door and close it softly behind me. I walk towards the desk and sit down across from Ron.

"Jace wanted me to give you this document. It's about some new training regimen he wants to try with the warriors." I hand him the document and Ron takes it without even looking at me.

"I'll look it over in a second." Ron mumbles. He goes back to whatever he's doing and stays silent. A few minutes pass.

"What's wrong?" I finally get the courage to ask. Ron glances at me.

"What do you mean?" He questions back.

"You are getting migraines like five times a day. You only get migraines when I'm near you. Your immersing yourself in your work. You won't let me help you with anything. You don't seem to want me around at all." I breathe out. Ron sits back and runs a hand through his hair.

"Do we have to talk about this right now Ivy? I'm kind of in the middle of something." Ron sighs. He looks tired and stressed.

"I just want to know what's going on." I reply exasperated.

"Ivy, I'm not in the mood-"

"Ron your never in the mood! You never want to talk to me! It's like your shutting me out, telling me to stay away!" I yell, reaching the point of anger.

"Don't fucking start with me Ivy." Ron growls out. His warning goes unheard.

"Why can't you just let me in? Is this about the sword? Did I say something wrong?" I ask him.

"Ivy." Ron growls louder this time.

"What could I have possibly done to-?" Ron slams his fist on the desk, making me jump with surprise, thus also cutting me off.

"I have a migraine. Go away." Ron sighs.

"You've been getting a lot of migraines lately." I accuse him.

"Yeah, well at least I don't have the Sword of the Damned on my arm!" Ron yells at me.

"That's why your mad? I barely use it!" Is that why he's been distancing himself?

"Ivy, I'm half angel! I'm not supposed to be with a demon!" He growls out. His eyes darken.

"I'm not a demon! Yeah, my mom is the Queen of Vampires, but my father is an Alpha Werewolf!" I yell back.

"I can't be around you right now Ivy. Your pissing me off left and right." Ron sits down in his chair.

"I'm not leaving until you-" I try to speak.

"Get out!" Ron growls. I whimper and leave the room. My wolf is hurting. I make my way to the library and read, trying to escape my problems. Eventually, night falls and I'm called down for dinner. I don't go, not wanting to face Ron. It gets darker until the only source of light in the library is from the full moon. I started to drift off, and finally slip into the darkness I call sleep. I'm tortured by nightmares all night. By morning, I'm exhausted. I slink down to breakfast the next morning.