Twenty Three

Ron

Ivy decided to check up on Liz a few minutes after we finished. I decided to tag along with her, just in case.

"I'm just a little worried about her. I mean, where did she go? Did she go find Asher? Did she go back to the library? I'm actually worried...." Ivy talks out loud, knowing that I'm listening.

"Now your worried?" I ask her.

"I don't have a migraine anymore. I'm usually a caring person, until I get a headache or a migraine." Ivy explains. I roll my eyes at her. We near Asher's room and I hear heavy crying. Ivy knocks on the door. Nobody answers. I try knocking louder, still nothing. I open the door and reveal something I didn't think would happen.

"Oh my gods..." Ivy and I both are staring at Liz and Asher. Asher is holding Liz, who is limp in his arms. Her head, resting on his shoulder.

"Asher, what have you done?" I ask him. Specks of dried blood covering Liz's neck. I realize that Asher is actually crying.

"I marked her......" He sobs with anguish.

"She didn't....." Ivy starts but she trails off.

"No, she didn't want me to mark her. I just didn't want to lose her! I didn't realize how much I needed her. Then she came in here, crying and yelling at me. She was about to reject me! I didn't know what else to do....." Asher explains the situation. I grab Ivy's hand to calm her down.

"Asher, what makes you think she'll be okay with this? You do know it's only temporary? You'll have no choice but to mark her permanently soon, or you'll both suffer." I try explaining things to Asher, but he shakes his head.

"She's going to hate me." Asher mumbles.

"She might already." Ivy speaks up. I furrow my brows at her.

'Really Ivy?' I ask her through our mate link.

'He deserved it.' She replies, shrugging her shoulders.

"Your right." Asher mumbles again.

"Of course I am. You wanted her dead jackass. What girl would forgive you?" Ivy scolds Asher.

"Asher-?" Liz wakes up, wiping her eyes. She sits up a bit and looks at Asher's face.

"I'm sorry." Is all Asher can say. Tears begin streaming down his face again.

" You deserve a second chance." Liz claims groggily.

"Are you shitting me?" Ivy glares at Liz.

"I know I should leave him. But I believe in second chances. You gave me one, remember?" Liz smiles tiredly.

"Ivy..." I warn her. She squeezes my hand tightly and breathes.

"You have a point. I guess." Ivy sighs in defeat. Liz kisses Asher's forehead and hugs him close. He continues to cry, of course.

"I have to go." My head is spinning from something my Gamma just told me.

"Ron?" Ivy questions me. I just keep walking down towards the kitchen. Ignoring the moans and heavy breathing coming from Kayden and Maya's room. "Please tell our room is soundproof!" Ivy continues trying to get me to stop, but I still continue down. Reaching the kitchen I stop finally, letting go of Ivy's hand. Ivy holds her wrist and winces.

"Shit, did I hurt you?" I gently grab her wrist and look at it. She has bruising wrapped around her wrist, in the shape of my hand.

"It's fine." Ivy pulls her wrist back.