31. christmas and gifts

hey guyyys omg its been literally so long and im so sorry but college is stressful but at least i wont leave you out of the blue, amirite? haha i love you guys so much and i'm noticing new readers and its making my heart warm wow okay well enjoy this chapter im kind of nervous ok bye ily

"Just move it a little to the right?" Taehyung's mom questioned as Taehyung and his dad were moving the Christmas tree near the fire place.

"Ma, we've been positioning this tree for a good 30 minutes, it looks good anywhere." Taehyung grunted as he shifted the tree slightly towards him.

"Oh shush, I just want it to be the most perfect Christmas! Your father usually bring out the Christmas tree but he always half-asses it." His mom joked towards his dad who just scoffed, being slightly offended.

"Honey, I'm right here." He scoffed, while shaking his head slightly.

"Well, its true. But it's nice that you have Taehyung helping, no?" His mother smiled genuinely which made his father nod in agreement. When Taehyung left, his father never felt like putting the tree up because it didn't feel right since they were missing one of their children. It felt as if there was a missing piece in the whole household at first, which was always Taehyung. He may not have been the greatest son and he didn't even help with the Christmas tree before he left, but his presence was important.

"I'm sorry, again." Taehyung muttered softly as he placed present underneath the tree. The tree was absolutely beautiful; it stood tall with dark green bristles with fake white snow in the corners, but the real beauty was the lights. The white lights were so beautiful as they contrasted to such a dark color. Taehyung never admired Christmas lights so much until now. For some weird reason, the sight gave him some slight of hope. He feels as if he is going to be okay one way or another. If only he were to be able to feel this way all the time. Although he feels the glimmer of hope, he knows he has damaged plenty of things along his way through life. He just hopes he can fix it.

"Honey, I will tell you for one thousandth time; it's okay. We always loved you. We love you so much." His mom came towards him and hugged his slim waist while he bent down to give her a tight embrace.

"And we're so happy you came to visit us. I can tell you have changed yourself for the better and we are so proud of you, son." His dad smiled while patting his sons back.

Taehyung was feeling so happy at that moment that he didn't want to leave his parent's house at all. Would they let him stay? Does he really want to stay? What about Mia? What about school?

"I love you, guys." Taehyung mentioned out loud as he let go. He grabbed the last present, which was his present to his parents. He wrapped the present last minute so it looked kind of shitty but he didn't care. He just hoped that they would love it.

"Alright, everyone. Maybe we should go to bed since it is Christmas Eve!" Taehyung's mom exclaimed while guiding the children to their room.

"Goodnight, I love you all!" Taehyung said to his parents and siblings before going into his old room.

As he entered his room, he noticed how tired he was. Ever since he had came back to his hometown, he has been doing something everyday with his parents or siblings. He rarely got time to himself but he thought that was good for him. Wasn't it?

As he got changed into his boxer shorts and plain white tee, he heard his phone going off.

hope

dude! you're coming to the christmas get together on friday, right?

taehyung!!

uh, i dont know dude...